Those Little Yellow Suns...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ming...it's not what you think!

Can I put a link to this in the OTF? I'm sure a lot of people will get a kick out of it
    Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Ming...... i have only experienced global warming by my self in an MP game.... ie testing like you and only the two times , which it looks like pale in comparison to your pollution totals.... shame on you

Now i am intrigued to see if its a bug or i am just mistaken. I will test this out again and post my results

BTW hows the gang ? man i miss the MP aspect of this game oh well i am slated to return to limited action some time in the future *sigh*

Comment

i know why i didn't know what you were talking about with the lightbulb... i have a beaker on mine that fills up higher and higher, from blue-green-yellow-red when you are close to an advance.

------------------
        SandMonkey

"Shut up brain or I'll stab you with a qtip"
        -Homer Simpson

"Ecky ecky ecky!"
        "It's just a flesh wound!"
        - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Check out my 1602 A.D. site

Comment

CWB... maybe some night when we are both bored, we can test to see if it works with multiple people playing an MP game...

I'm amazed you actually got it to happen playing MP with all AI's. As I said, I just ran up the polution, and was just waiting for it to happen. It never did!
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

the manual says that global warming MAY occur if 9 squares are polluted.It also says that the chances increase every turn it is left unresolved and that warming could occur again and again and again etc.Using that logic,Ming should have gotten it for sure after,say,6 turns.7 turns.10 turns.But that wasn't the case.
            I too have played 2x games in extremely polluted worlds and no warming.Many warnings but no warming.

Didn't somebody run a test?Something like "results from another pointless test".Maybe CtG?

here it is

http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum3/HT...tml?date=22:45

not much discussion but it did happen
            [This message has been edited by Smash (edited May 04, 2000).]
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Thanks for the link. At least it has happened to somebody in true MP mode.

But I still wonder... I almost always play double production now for MP, and we've had games where there is just tons of polution, and NOTHING happens. I guess I won't believe it until I see it in a game I'm playing.

--------------------
              Ming the stubborn (or pig headed)
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
              X