No announcement yet.

Ocean Cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You want the Fifth Fortnight OCC Comparison Game, Captain Ahab of the Whalers, discussed in this forum at
    http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum3/HTML/001005.html

Available for download from Paul's site
    http://home.planet.nl/~belt0018/occ.htm#downloads

It's a fun one - I enjoyed it and got my personal best OCC finish.
    [This message has been edited by Dino the Dinosore (edited April 28, 2000).]
    yes

Comment

Island SSCs are really good, but you usually don't have enough production to actually make the wonders for it. But once you can build offshore platforms, island SSCs are hands down the best cities you can build.

(edited for spelling)
      [This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited April 30, 2000).]

Comment

The other night, I started a new game (SP, with HiRes Graphics). It has several islands, including a couple of single square islands. Having just read this thread, you can guess what I did.

On the other hand, I would dearly love to have had a trireme _before_ I established my capital, because shortly after sea-travel became a possibility, I discovered that by moving one square over, I could have had two whales.

("Oh whale," he said resignedly.)

Jim W

Comment

Just a quick three ha'p'orth - Jim W have you noticed the 'special pattern' - you may not be able to see the whales yet, but by following the pattern you can guess that they might just be there and build your city accordingly....
          Good civin'

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
          X