Hardest AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardest AI

In SP, who do you think is the hardest leader to beat. I think either Cunobelin or Shaka, although Joan of Arc is in the running.

------------------
    Long live the Communists!
    -- SilverDragon

The hardest AI default personalities depend on the situation and how nice you've been to them.

A few trends: The Sioux and Aztecs seem to have a great combination, Militarist-Expansionist.

The Zulus, Russians can be punkly in early and medium times, but they usually pay the price in tech for being Militarist mostly.

The Greeks, Carthaginians, English, Persians, Romans, Celts, Japanese are more variable. Often they punk out, but other times achieve mediocrity.

The civilized expansionists can be good if you let them survive into the gunpowder-democracy age (Americans, Babylonians, Chinese, French)

The Indians are, of course, famous for their end game sneak attacks, but otherwise suck.

The Spanish, Vikings can be tough. The Germans tend to suck.

The most difficult the AI has ever been for me was a Genghis Khan who I had been allied with on earth map for 3000 years. He had a huge empire, well improved, and good tech.
    What made him good: we were on the same land mass, so I couldn't BS the AIs naval incompetance. He actually attacked with masses of troops in one turn. And, he refused to talk after I captured a city.

The solution: stop producing "luxury" units like improvements, armour, fighters, bombers, set everything to howies to take Karakorum and cause split.
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Hardest AI... oxymoron
      I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

I think the hardest are agressive expansionists.

Comment

I think on my next game, I'll set all of the AIs to 'Rational Civilized Expansionist' and see what happens (I think that is closest to my own style, BTW).
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Im a Aggressive Civilized Expansionist. That is an Oxymoron, but its what I am. I do declare war a lot and demand tribute like an aggressive , but don't build too many units. Instead I build lots of improvements and tech, like a civilized AI. I also am, like any other player, expansionistic. I play in this style for two reasons.

1. The tough AI have these qualities
            2. Take the first letter of each word in Aggressive Civilized Expansionist and what do you get? Conincidence? I think not.

------------------
            -- SilverDragon

Comment

I hate playing against the Spanish. They seem to both build and attack.

Vikings are easy. They attack fortified positions forever.
              Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
              Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
              Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
              Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Since I have stayed away from playing my favorite civ lately, the Germans, the French have been giving me a run for the money, at least until the end game when they keep trying to push me around yet have no troops to back it up. If there is one AI civ I love and hate to play against it is the French. They seem more sneaky than any other civ, even the Mongols and Spanish.
                "Three word posts suck!" - me

"...and I never will play the Wild Rover no more..." - Various

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Bohlen on 04-23-2000 12:19 AM
                  Since I have stayed away from playing my favorite civ lately, the Germans, the French have been giving me a run for the money.

Boy now THERE'S a historical inaccuracy...

Venger

Comment

And we all thought Civ2 was a reflection of real life. So much for that.
                    "Three word posts suck!" - me

"...and I never will play the Wild Rover no more..." - Various

Comment

There are worse historical inaccuracies. For example, Abe Lincoln became a Comrade. Came over to my side

------------------
                      -- SilverDragon

Comment

quote:

I also am, like any other player, expansionistic.

Oh? Well, I guess I am not your "any other player"...

Comment

Working...
                        X