No announcement yet.

What are 'high-res' units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You got it! By popular demand, the Grassland Resource graphic has been changed for version 2 to make it more obvious.

I'm still working with Apolyton to schedule the official release. I'm having a hard time contacting Sven (keeper of the download database). His email server keeps bouncing my messages back, I think it rejects mail from .hotmail addresses. I've notified DanQ.

Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

I've had a little sneak peek at the new HiRes and it looks great.Got some beautiful new resource icons and some terrain changes...well I won't say too much and ruin the surprise but if you like the first you'll luv this one.
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

My day job is Mac programming, so I checked with my Mac resource editor, and the various .pict files that come with the Mac versionof CIV2 (like UNITS.PICT in the support folder) do not have resource forks, everything is in the data fork. I also tried using Photoshop to open the .gif files and save them as pict files, but the resulting files don't work correctly, altho within Photoshop they look fine. I'm not a Photoshop or graphics expert either, so I can't help more.
        yes

Comment

you have to use a conversion utility.Such as SoundApp for sounds (.aiff) and clip2gif for graphics (.pict).

drag and drop-poof! converted file ready to use
          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Working...
          X