Max city size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max city size

Anyone know what the max city size is you can have? I guess it would depend on the number of food caravans that a city can send out, but assuming 1/city and all of them to a city with 21 grassland squares with farmland:
    4 food for grassland with farm
    21 city squares
    =84 food
    +254 food from max cities (yeah...like that will happen often at diety.)
    All that would yield a size 169 city.
    Has anyone ever tried for something like this?
    Walk softly and carry a big stick...or better yet, a remote controlled nuclear device.

Using the food caravan trick... you can keep sending it food caravans from the same city... you don't need to send them from different cities. The first one fills the box, the next one adds a pop...

But somebody has reported a max city size, I just don't remember what it was
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I thought that a food caravan just transferred one food per turn to the target city. If that's not the case then the max size would be 43 (if you had bananas or wheat in the radius)
      Walk softly and carry a big stick...or better yet, a remote controlled nuclear device.

Comment

There is also an 'instant bonus' for each trade just like other commodities. The instant bonus it to fill half of the food box for the target city. When the city's food box is filled the next turn the city size is increased by 1 (even if the city is in food deficit).

The maximum size is 127, afterwards it turns to negative.

Comment

I can always count on Xin for the right answer

Thanks...
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
          X