Scenario Twilight Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario Twilight Zone

I recently downloaded the OCC fortnight Competition # 5 scenario. Loaded and started the game. Set my science to 60 per and lux to 40. I used my second settler to build to 2. This gave me 5 trade arrows. I then checked my trade advisor which stated that discoveries were coming every 5 turns.
    Sooooo off i went on my quest for the stars.
    Well, I beat the AI but no one else. AC 1914. But, hay i had fun doing it! So much
    fun that i decided to make my own scenario.
    When i started the scenario, I checked my trade arrows (8) and science (60%). Then i went to the trade advisor which stated discoveries were every 10 turns!!! Chkd the date too. 4000bc. Then i did a quick search of my apartment to see if Rod Serling was hiding out in one of my closets. Does anyone know why discoveries were 10 turns instead of 5 or less. I would just love to know how i screwed up.

possibly the tax rate was changed.AIs start with odd tax rates so if you make a scenario you must set the tax rate before you save.Or manually adjust on the first turn,if you can remember

or possible is when you add techs to a civ's start.

was it the same size map?Research rates atre different on different size maps
    [This message has been edited by Smash (edited March 25, 2000).]
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Did you give the civ an advance or two while building the scenario. "Starting" techs don't count when determining how many beakers you need for the next advance, but if you edit the civs techs after the fact, you will increase the beaker requirements.

Another possibility is the map size. If you used a huge world map, the number of beakers to advance would be greater.

Comment

Thanks for the info TD. Yes i did add tech to list. However when u save it as scenario.
        then come back in and save it again as a scenario it increases the number of turns for
        discovery. A third save (no modifications to anything) increases the number of turns for discoveries even more. This means when i make a scenario id better get it right the first time or the human civ is gonna be living in the stone age for quite some time.)

Comment

Working...
        X