Whales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whales

Is anybody of you aware that we consider hunting down whales one of the greatest things that can happen to your cities?

------------------
    Hodad's First Body
    Alien Infiltrate
    Indifference is Bliss

They are worth much effort. They will many times dictate where I build a city. But accomplishing a sustained yield harvest over 6,000 years! now thats a challenge!!!!

------------------
    The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus
    The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus

Comment

HsFB.... that is because whales speak your alien dialect
      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

It's rumored that the whales are hunting the humans and are the cause of the sinking Trireme Syndrome.
        Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep? [--Inspiration of Blade Runner]

"> > Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the reader who
        >doesn't get it."--don't know.

Comment

Too bad you can't discover cloning technology and clone whales in civ like you could in real life
          Apolyton Empress
          "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

LOL@ Aurlius...... how true is this

Comment

Well, games aren't perfect, I prefer corn over whales though--More food to grow on.

http://pub9.ezboard.com/bcivworld

Comment

But no extra trade from it. Give me a four whale pattern and I'm in heaven.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ming i agree ..... whales rock and are IMO the best first square resource in the early game , maybe for every cities first square... not excluding the city one of course

------------------
                  Sire there is a city on a mountain up ahead..... its loaded with troops and a fort, what should we do???

Calm down son..... i have a tactical nuke right here for that civ cheater who put his city on a mountain.

Comment

quote:

But no extra trade from it. Give me a four whale pattern and I'm in heaven.

Ming, I've searched the world over many many times looking for the elusive Quatro-Whale city location... The best I've found yet is 3 whales. Must the 4 be on a very small island, or skinny peninsula? How could the 4 whale pattern be found on a continental costal city?

------------------
                    I am the Ukrainian Anti-Pope!

Comment

Whales often appear in lakes and inland seas.
                      ______
                      SG (2)
                      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Go to the big world map. Ellesmere Island in the Northwest Territories of Canada often has four whales.
                        "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                        "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

FM Klesh:

On behalf of the collected peoples of Apolyton, and in recognition of your many years of distinguished service to the civ community; it is a distict honor to present to you a complimentary link to the four whales save.

http://apolyton.net/cgi-bin/civ2file...load.pl?id=270

This is the zip file of the "Famous" four whales location that was used for some OCC games.

[This message has been edited by Sten Sture (edited March 22, 2000).]
                          Be the bid!

Comment

In Homer Simpson Style,
                            Foreesssstt near a Whaaaallllleeee.
                            Drooooooolllll.
                            More Whaaallllleeeeees.
                            More Drooooolllll.

RAH
                            Always a primo city location. No sucker can camp on the whale to piss you off.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

yes i like coast for that reason...... i figure the extra trade in coastal cities is well worth the risk of dips stealing my tech.... usually it works out ok and your laughing if your inland cities are by lakes where the whales are bountifull

Comment

Working...
                              X