Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Computer attack so easy?

I Think it.

Yeah... the computer can't attack worth a damn. It's simplistic programming is a joke.

I hope CivIII provides a stronger AI
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

cuz it doesn't put vet pikes in mountain top cities or fortresses.AI citiies will have 5 muskets and no dragoon or cannon so you can attack for several turns.It doesn't know what a choke point is and will spend endless resources against it rather than flanking.

Most importantly,it is very predictable.

[This message has been edited by Smash (edited May 27, 2000).]
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

It also thinks cruise missles are a defensive unit.
        Be the bid!

Comment

But it can consistently fit 5 Dragoons into one Barbarain Frigate. Were the Barb horses that much smaller?
          Best MMORPG on the net: www.cyberdunk.com?ref=310845

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. -Gandhi

Comment

Hey Ottok. Good to hear from you. Been a while.

Comment

lol @ mad viking..... yah i always wondered that myself.... ai civs or barbs just seem to have their own set of rules , oh well not abig deal really
              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Even stranger than the 5 Dragoons on a Frigate is that this is practically the only AI barb strategy that is even remotely effective (coming out of nowhere to attack a city with 5 Dragoons) and yet it is abandoned in the modern era.

If the barbs can fit 5 Dragoons on a Frigate, imagine the impact of, say, 14 barb Cavalry unloading from a Transport next to some small new city of yours.

Even the large number of modern AI peasants or religious fanatics mostly amount to nothing since they always spring up in uninhabited areas giving you ample time to respond within your rail-connected empire.

Comment

Working...
                X