Scenarios: Fantastic Worlds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newworld

1925: last foreign city conquered by the mighty Iroquois.
    My friends, that one was tough.
    Was I unlucky with my choice of civ? (I felt compelled to choose the Iroquois, remembering Jack London and James Oliver Curwood).
    Did I make silly mistakes without noticing it?

Anyway, I started on quite rough terrain and 2 civs grew much faster than I did (the Chinook had more than 10 cities over size 20 producing vast amounts of shields with a tremendous amount of pollution, but the AI doesn't care for pollution).

Fierce battles (well over 1000 losses all in all), then the Maya, who had Riflemen, managed to get howitzers = third strong civ against me.

Raz, you don't like to bribe and love to fight, you said: try this one!
    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

I may have to try the new world scenario, if I remember correctly you get two food even on mined hills don't you.
      "One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make sure it is worth watching."

Comment

I tend to play the humans in the midgard scenairo... I also liked the atlantis one, all 3 of the historically important civ can be fun.

I extremely dislike the Jules Verne music theme, but the scenario is fun, so is the samurai one... I hate the x-com scenario... the dinosaurs one is overcharged with stuff

Comment

I have tried the The MooJr scenario (I hope it is from the FW originally, I play MGE): democracy from the beginning, no switching gov, Terran with food 12, most of squares (Space) that must be roaded for a trade. It is a very instructive way how to find out what the democracy and WLTxD is.

Unfortunately there is no government fall after two turns of a riot. Too easy - you can home all conquesting units in one city. I play as if the government would fall, I keep disorder one turn only.
          The game should allow anarchy if there is no government switch allowed in scenarios.

Are tech trees for scenarios somewhere? (I had to build my own, a half at least).
          Last edited by SlowThinker; November 4, 2001, 22:21.
          Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

waltzing Mathilda has seized the crown

I chose Waltzing Mathilda because she owns several cities in Normandy in the early game. She landed on AC in April 1161 .
            Game played at deity level , without caravan rehoming, as usual, and it was real fun because the main opponent, the 'de Blois' family, is very powerful indeed.
            Last edited by La Fayette; December 24, 2002, 20:43.
            Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Working...
            X