Civ Spit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ Spit

Does ANYONE know what causes a civ to split?

Some one should do an experiment, looking into military power, population etc...... No body seems to know!
    eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

How dare you spit on civ! HANG HIM!! HANG HIM!!
    I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

ok so i cant speeel.

i ment like, some one find an old save game of theirs, (someone with plenty of free time) and use the cheat mode to take over civ capitals. perhaps if this one done with losts of save games, and then look for something in common....

Comment

I think it primarily has to do with the size of the empire...if there is a large overall population and many cities, there is a decent (though not definite) chance of it happening.
        "The only dangerous amount of alcohol is none"-Homer Simpson

Comment

i dont think so. alot of people have said that they didn't split the empire with 50 cities, but on the next turn the civ with 10 cities did split....

perhaps it is the ration of people to cities, ie, a 10 citry nation with 10million people will be more likly to split then a 20 city nation with 15 million.

Comment

I think we just discussed this in another thread. (See "Prevent them to escape" for a much more in depth analysis of this.) Anyway, the consensus seems to have been:

1) The splitting candidate's capitol must fall.
            2) The capturer must have a smaller number of cities (and possibly be lower on the powergraph than the capitol-loser???). How much smaller has been subject to debate.
            3) There must be less than seven civs in the game at the time of the fall. (This is definite, no split if no room on the civ list.)

Recent anecdotal experience as discussed in that other thread refutes some of this thinking.
            Last edited by Blaupanzer; July 24, 2001, 13:11.
            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I heard somewhere (here?) that it happens when you take over the capital of a large empire. Dont know what conditions are required though...
              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

i dont think the conquerer has to be smaller then the splitting civ...

Comment

Perhaps it can only occur under certain governments say monarchy or something?
                  I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

that seems unlikley.

Comment

There was no consensus in the discussion in the other thread - when is there ever consensus? - but the most experienced players seemed to agree that, for a Civ to split, it required:

1. The Civ to be leading the Powergraph. That doesn't necessarily mean it's the biggest Civ in population terms;

2. That Civ to lose its capital;

3. Fewer than 7 Civs alive in the game in order to provide room for the new Civ - created in the split - to enter the game.
                      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Yes thats it.I've posted it before and stand by it until proven different

Keep in mind the PG reflects several factors.You could be #1 in population but not #1 on the PG.Its pop,gold and tech.
                        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

maybe only occur in an oedo year. who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Caesar the Great
                            How dare you spit on civ! HANG HIM!! HANG HIM!!
                            Alex

Comment

Or in a Barb year. But Finbar's summation seems adequate.
                              In all those years I have only been able to split a tribe once, but then I'm usually very peaceloving.
                              A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
                              Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Working...
                              X