No announcement yet.

Sabotaging SDI Defenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FMK do you have icq? and my snipers wait for them just outside the city walls and bang... its all over
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I tried this in cheat mode. Attack a AI city with 30 spies. Destroyed ever improvement except the SDI. With only the SDI remaining the spy destroyes the production box, even if it is already empty.

So, I'd say you CAN NOT destroy the SDI improvment with spies.

Comment

War4,
        Well I'm on aol, as far as I know I have no icq. I'm not even sure what that is. I'm not a pc wiz. It is basically a big grey box that plays a better Civ than my smaller grey box(playstation). It's wierd though, when I go to the zone...I don't have a latency bar. I guess that means I have no ICQand can't host games? I may sound like i don't know what I'm doin', but once I figure out this internet buisness, I'm ggod to go with Civ.
        Throw an e-mail my way. It's on my profile.

Comment

hmmm.... out of more than 100 tests, I did destroy an SDI with a spy unit. ?? I can't figure out how to repeat it. It does not seem to matter what size the city is, techs the target civ has, units present or not... strange.

I setup a city size 1, gave it a SDI. Placed another CIV spy next to it and tried. 'SDI complex destroyed'. I was going to take a screen shot but figured it was easy to repeat again. I'm still playing with it.

Comment

FMK..... i sent you an email..... i know little of pc as well....and you must be a redsox fan

Comment

In the foggy netherquadrants of my mind I remember having this 'barbed wire-no dice' box come up. I can't remember exactly what I did. But my advice is to go with either Ming's howieblast idea, or War4ever's sneaky atomic suicide manuver.
              Ming's idea begets the question...in what order are the city improvements destroyed? Most expensive 1st? I would assume an SDI has at least a 3 or 4 gold maintanence cost so it might split pretty quickly.

Comment

MWHC: So you were able to destroy an SDI complex? Man...I thought I was going crazy there for a while. Probably still am. Are you testing on Deity or multiple levels? Have you tested with vet spy units? I'm thinking vet status may have something to do with it, even though I've had vet spies fail.
                "Three word posts suck!" - me

"...and I never will play the Wild Rover no more..." - Various

Comment

I couldn't get it to happen after cheating up, I don't know how many dips,vet dips,spys and vet spys.The way you get around SDI is to plant a nuclear device with a spy..Definetely get a screenshot if you ever get lucky enough to do it again

[This message has been edited by Smash (edited June 01, 2000).]
                  The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

War4,
                    I'll get me one of those right now. Don't laugh at my dumb internet questions...I'll catch on. Pedro Martinez and Nomar Garciaparra ar the 2 best players in the game right now. I'm not a huge sports fan, but baseball is the one I like the most, played it when I was young..real young.
                    I'm at college so I can't hit MP during late nite hrs. on weekdays. We'll hit it soon though.I'm F_M_Klesh there.

Comment

FMK..... cool....... i love the redsox.... and pedro is the best pitcher in baseball bar none and nomar is arguably the best shortstop as well Go sox go !! my icq is 30200920 when you get it......

Comment

It would be nice if somebody out there could alter the .dll file or the .bat file or whatever file it was that makes SDIs unspyblowable. (Or at least, very difficult to spyblow.)

I'm arsing around with a scenario and the fact that I have no nukes makes SDIs only marginally useful. However, there are other improvements that I'd love to be able to make unspyblowable... if only FW modpak included this as a binary 0-1 switch per improvement...

------------------
                        "In all creation, there can be no task more onerous or tedious than that of playing God." - Stephen Fry, 'The Liar'.
                        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                        X