Civil War scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil War scenario

As a Civil War historian for nearly 20 years, I had been anxious to play the CW scenario that was included on the CS. Well, I just got done and it was fun. At times, it felt like I was playing one of the strategic-level CW games (like IM's Amer. Civil War) and not CivII. I love playing scenarios like this because it's all about military units. I easily captured most all of the Rebel cities, if fact, it was too easy for they about never mounted a single offensive attack and their defenses were, for the most part, fairly meager. The fun part about this was that each Rebel city required its unique tactics to capture it. Therefore the decision-making focused on 3 things:
    1. What types of units
    2. How many of each
    3. In what direction(s) to attack
    The pattern was to bring enough units to bear, capture, defend and then move on to the next target. With unique units such as Advanced Infantry and Warships, it felt like a Sherman campaign on both the east and west fronts. Anyway, next time I'll give myself a challenge and play the Confederates.

Actually, that scenario's fairly easy no matter who you play. Try Nemo's Civil War scenario, it's a bit more challenging.
    Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

It's actually easier as the south I think. It takes a little while to build up, but by the time I start a massive offensive, the north has railroads everywhere making it even easier to instantly bring troops up to the front. If not, I just build the railroads myself.

Comment

Bart: I think that's the weakness of this scenario. Even though the designers said that the roads layout simulate RR in the mid-1800s, they still allowed Engineers to build real RR. This, from what you said, makes the game way too easy for both South and North.

Thanks Chairman, I will definitely look into Nemo's scenario.

Comment

I agree. I just say the South, because the North has more pre- built railroads at the start of the war. I just have to connect Tennessee to Kentucky and voila. I was connected to the NE as well. Much easier to hit Washington from the north .

Comment

Working...
          X