Earliest Future Tech Discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earliest Future Tech Discovery

Maybe there is a thread on this somewhere but I couldn't find one in the archives so I'm wondering... whats the fastest anyone has gotten to future tech 1? Is it possible before 1 AD?
    I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

The fastest I ever got a future tec was 1300 AD
    I would love to see someone get a future tec before 1 AD, as long as I am not playing them
    Last edited by vanillacube; July 23, 2001, 03:28.
    http://www.grworld.com/vanillacubesgames/files/VC.gif
    I am cube
    I am Vanilla
    We are Vanillacube

Comment

1500 ad, is my fastest, but i get too bored shortly after that...
      Alex

Comment

On the right map it is very possible.Not easy but possible.
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I guess some oft the saved OCC/early landing maps could be pretty good...
          I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

Note that you don't need to have all the techs on the chart to be able to research Future Tech. The prerequisites are Fusion Power and Recycling.
            A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
            Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

How do you get tecs that fast? Even with the SSC I find it difficult to get future techs before 1900 AD
              "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
              "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Originally posted by Smash
                On the right map it is very possible.Not easy but possible.
                Well you have 100 turns for 70 or so discoveries..... very possible.... it'd require lots of caravans, ship chaining and percise playing.... boring I guess, but hey I'm sure those early landings can't be any better. I mean if someone can land a spaceship by 300 AD I'm sure they can get a measily future tech before 1 AD.

Comment

Originally posted by JellyDonut
                  How do you get tecs that fast? Even with the SSC I find it difficult to get future techs before 1900 AD
                  Whats your largest city?
                  Alex

Comment

Try and keep out of wars, so you can build libraries, universities and trade, trade, trade.

I never go looking for trouble until I've got tanks and howitzers.

Comment

Originally posted by cpemma
                      I never go looking for trouble until I've got tanks and howitzers.
                      Look for trouble early and often A good treasury from trading/tribute, a few dips and a bunch of Vet Crusaders - why wait?

---------------------

SG(2)
                      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

100 BC easily, on lower difficulty levels. On Deity I haven't however, done it in BC, but I was close! No longer playing Civ 2, perhaps I should again, just to make that future tech in BC.
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                        X