No announcement yet.

The whole caravan thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was this dropoff ever attributed to the number of airports or the total amount of trade??? It has been a while. Anyone? Anyone?
    Be the bid!

Comment

I seem to remember in another thread about trade, one possibility was that the civ you were trading with had changed from Democracy to Fundamentalism, or From Republic to Monarchy. Could that be the case here?
      Before you criticize your enemy, walk a mile in his shoes. Then if he gets really angry at your criticism, you are a mile away, and he is barefoot.

Comment

Historical reference...
        http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum3/HTML/000096.html

More than you ever wanted to know about trading!

_/\ C
        p.s. the disorder info here is fascinating
        _/\ C
        Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.

Comment

Originally posted by Sten Sture on 01-04-2000 03:14 PM
          Was this dropoff ever attributed to the number of airports or the total amount of trade??? It has been a while. Anyone? Anyone?
          The same question was apparently posed in December 1998 but (as far as I can see) was never answered. My conditions were similar to the original questioner's: Late in the game, maxed out population (indicated 320M), airports everywhere, and a huge number of cities. One minute you're cranking out $1,500/trade; the next minute you've dropped into the $200/trade range.

It's obviously an "undocumented feature" (Microsoft-speak for bug).

Bob Higdon

Comment

Or it could just be the game's way of telling you: "Hurry up and win the game, will ya! Don't you already have enough stuff?"

Comment

I resurrected this thread to note that the riot factor appears to have an adjustment for map size. I was playing around with a huge map, and didn't see a first unhappy citizen until my 11th city. On my normal small map, I'd expect to see it with my 7th. This probably explains some of the arguments about the number of cities you can build without disorder.

Theory: the above formula holds for small maps. Add +2 for medium map, +4 for large map.

Comment

Working...
              X