Great Library problems (viewing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Library problems (viewing)

I was browsing through the Great Library for some further insights into the game, and I rapidly became aware of an "undocumented feature"

Normally, when reading Apolyton posts, the website automatically adjusts to my chosen screensize (800x600), so that I don't have to scroll left to right, etc. to read the posts.

The GL thread doesn't do this, and after about 10 minutes of scrolling right and then left again to read the end of EACH line, I gave up out of sheer frustration

I also noticed that all of the image links were "broken"...
    Is this just a function of my own computer, or does everybody have this "difficulty"

Can we do anything about it?

-Bob
    Semper ubi sub ubi!

Allright... This might get a little hacky...

First go to http://spywaresucks.org/prox/ , download and set up Proxomitron (the helps on the site should be sufficient). Then add this filter to your set:

Name = "Destroy ALT texts on Apolyton fora"
    Active = TRUE
    URL = "apolyton.net/forums/"
    Limit = 64
    Match = "BORDER = 0 ALT = "*""
    Replace = "BORDER=0"

(that means, cut'n'paste it to default.cfg and press load from disk)

It removes all the ALT texts from the images on your browser on Apolyton fora, thus making the thread width sufficiently small.

EDIT: It seems to screw some threads up... I'll try to add a bounds match in a moment.
    EDIT2: I'll never understand how to get the bounds match working . Anyway, this filter should do quite well... If there are still threads where you get ALT texts for long images, try expanding the byte limit. If something doesn't load properly with this, press "bypass" and reload the page.
    EDIT3: Fixed the link...
    EDIT4: Fixed the edit numbers
    Last edited by Ari Rahikkala; July 26, 2001, 02:44.
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

The link doesnt work.
      Alex

Comment

It actually had only a single extra comma ...
        This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

thnaks lightning.. i also had this problem but assumed it was just me. when i get home will try to downlaod that program and give it a go !!!
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
          X