No announcement yet.

Change to Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate to lose the Colossus race and have sometimes quit a game for that reason. Although usually I just change to another WOW, typically GW or Pyramids, and pout until I can cheer myself with Copernicus .

It is possible to go to Rep very early, in which case you can grow your cities to ~size 8, churn out one settler each, and double the size of your civ in a very short period of time. Then switch back to Monarchy if you've got some semi-long-distance butt kicking to do.

Comment

"GL,LW then MC"

I have it! You are all Communist spies exchanging secret information! There is no other explanation for all these strange words and sentences.

Waaa!

Comment

Most abbreviations are for Wonders; that narrows the list!
        Be the bid!

Comment

SS, your reply SB "GL, LW, MC, i.e., WOW".
          Clr enuf, RR?

BTW, the responses above don't seem to address going to AC but rather BL (bloodlust). Do y'all skip Republic when going for the SR (space race)?

------------------
          Frodo lives!

Better dead than "Red"... or green... or blue... or yellow... or orange... or purple... or white.

<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by kcbob (edited February 05, 2000).]</font>
          [This message has been edited by kcbob (edited February 05, 2000).]
          Frodo lives!

Comment

Sure do. I think the general strategy is get up the whole tech tree ASAP - so that means Monarchy then Democracy, which I think offers the faster growth path. Since you don't have to worry about fighting an offensive war, just keep the peace as best as possible, build a gazillion caravans - but make sure you beat everyone to the critical techs.

Comment

The problem with early republic is the increased support requirements for food and shields. The benefit is increased trade, and the opporunity to grow with we-love-the-leader. I am not usuallly ready until democracy and SOL. It's not bad to wait.

Comment

In mp double production republic makes a lot more sense earlier on, as the extra trade you can get will really help in we love the consul days.
                The camel is not a part of civ.
                THE CAMEL IS CIV !!!!
                SAVE THE CAMEL !!!!!!

Comment

So true Matthew... so true.
                  And, if you are playing a no city bribe mp game, it can even be considered better than democracy, because of the ability to keep one unit out of the city without unhappiness.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                  X