micromanaging trade commodities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• micromanaging trade commodities

Having been AWOL from here for about a year, i don't know if anyone else has noticed anything like this, but I just noticed this playing one of my first games in a while on 2.42

While trying to maximize the bonus value on a gold caravan between 2 of my cities, i was moving around the workers in the destination city. When the destination city had resources available for production, it supplied beads, salt and dye and demanded hydes, wine and gold. However, when i started moving all the workers onto sea squares, production resources dropped to 0 and then deficit. When it hit 0, the trade commodities switched around to supplies beads, salt and wine, and demands copper, dyes and hydes. putting the workers back took it back to the original supply and demand.

Might be worth looking into in certain situations (ie certain OCC games when trying to maximize the caravan bonuses of early caravans - we buy them anyway, why not build some with resources set to 0)

Anyway, let me know if i'm behind the times now - off to work
    Insert witty phrase here

No you are certainly not behind the times here.Still much mystery left.This needs a looksy.It doesn't sound right for some reason.

ok this needs a little preparation to check.City square sheild.

well I tryed 9 different cities and nothing is happening but maybe I need to fulfil something first.What was the current game situation?Do you have a save?
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

its 200AD in a King level game, (I'm really rusty ) v2.42, PC. One city (Parkersburg) is size 7 with 1 trade route, the other city (Fairmont) is size 6, no trade routes. Both cities (probably coincidentally, but who knows) are supporting 1 settler and one other unit, and both sets of trade commodity changes are reproducable at least on my computer in the save game. The other 4 cities don't seem to be giving the option of switching trade commodites.

I'm going to try attaching the save game here, if not, i can always email it
      Attached Files
      Insert witty phrase here

Comment

looks like i got the attachment to work I redownloaded it myself and at least for me its reproducible after downloading. Also, i just played the next year and while in the next year there aren't any cities that are offering changeable commodities, which ever of the 2 trade configurations i ended the turn on was the set configuration for the next turn. (ie if i left parkersburg with at least 1 available resource, it had the first configuration (it had just the unfilled wine demand), if i left it with no free resources, the next round it had the 2nd configuration (leaving dye and hides demanded and supplying wine)

Anyone else get different results?
        Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Working...
        X