No announcement yet.

Avoiding shield waste in production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Macintosh version of Civ II has a curious feature that seems to indicate the programmers were aware of partial increment buying. I do not know how the Windoze version works.

If you play on a large multicontinent world freight units that go half way around the world are normally worth hundreds to thousands of gold coins. Consequently it makes sense to purchase enough shields so the unit can be completed on the next turn.

The situation changes somewhere between 75 and 80 future techs. At this point freight units are worth no more than 209 coins. Tyically they are worth 200 to 209 coins. This means one can never profitably purchase enough shields so that the unit can be completed in one turn.

The only explanation I can come up with for this behavior is that they wanted to limit partial increment buying for players with a ridiculous number of future techs.
    If you can not think of a good reason to build something other than a caravan, build a caravan!

Comment

By that time rushing should be a thing of the past.Production should be sufficient.
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Future tech 60?

I couldn't imagine getting to that time.
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

why only a penalty after so much future tech.??? doens tmake sense, muxt be another bug casuisng the lack of funds on trade alte in game... INC buying is a loophole ....
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
          X