Is there any way to protect AI civs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way to protect AI civs

I've been trying to protect the ai civs from being overrun by the larger ai civs. To have a better end game. 7 developed civs fighting it out. I've created huge barriers of mountains to try to slow the ai down. But it doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone tryed using just perfectionist non agressive civs?

They all get aggro in the end, I've discovered. About all you can do is keep giving techs to the weaker AIs. Trouble is, they'll just use them against you.

------------------
    finbar
    Mono Rules!

" ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Using just perfectionist non-aggressive civs has helped some in my games on a small map, but you have to play that way yourself too. Going ICS against them will be a quick win for you.
      Be the bid!

Comment

Dare I ask, what is ICS? :@

In a normal game of civ, I had an ally that was going to be overrun by the real enemy. While I tried to establish a fortress in the nearby mountains to assist in the defense of their main city, I also gifted my ally with some good defensive units.

Aurelius
        Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep? [--Inspiration of Blade Runner]

"> > Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the reader who
        >doesn't get it."--don't know.

Comment

The easiest way to protect a weak ai is to find a mountain square on the border between them and the stronger ai and do the ole build a fortress, diplo, units, yadda yadda yadda. Make sure you are at war with the stronger ai. The stronger ai will spend all of its energy trying to take you off that position. They won't have much offense left to attack the weaker ai. When i was real anal, I put one of these on all of the borders and you can control the other AIs relative strengths on the power graph. (yes sp did eventually get that boring and I needed to have a little fun)

MP rocks

RAH
          Lord of the Ferrets
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

if in Democracy-Ally with or go to war with the smaller civ.Send vastly superior units over.Use ZOC to keep stronger civ out.

commie or fundy-just send them over and dont worry about diplomatic status
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

nah just crush the weak because they have no business there in the first place ... opps... oh yeah to save them silly me .... i have no business posting on this topic

------------------
              I am a civ addict. ARE U 2??????

icq 30200920

Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

normally I'd say crush the weak. But it seems to defeat the purpose of playing with 7 civs. If by the time I actually get a tireme or caravel over there the civ is defeated anyways. Actually maybe I'll try playing with 4 civs to see what's different.

Comment

Archipeligo, change rules.txt to make them less agressive, large map. This should keep 7 "decent" civs alive so you can "destroy" them later

------------------
                  "Its normal to be weird here and weird to be normal" ~ Brain

___
                  CtG

I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

One must remember the advantage of having as many civs survive. More civs to demand tribute from. A real help in OCC.

War4ever...Just screaming for death in our last game. Yes the weaklings deserve to die.

RAH
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                    X