OCC: 2 whale, 2 wine, starting with Monarchy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCC: 2 whale, 2 wine, starting with Monarchy

Just finished an OCC game with an excellent starting position. Starting techs were Alphabet, Code of Laws, Ceremonial Burial, Masonry, and Monarchy! Needless to say, the initial position sucked, but only a few squares away was a dream position. I managed a 1779 landing, but I'm sure that some of you could do better. I have a 3700BC saved game, which I'll forward to Paul. Here is my log for the first 6 turns.

start with Alphabet, Ceremonial Burial, Code of Laws, Masonry, Monarchy
    3900 BC - archer (hut)
    3800 BC - Bronze Working (hut)
    3750 BC - horsemen (hut)
    3700 BC - chariot (hut)
    3700 BC - revolution

One of the settlers is at the city site (the capital of Canada is "Ottawa", by the way).

Gezz, I wish I could start a MP game like this. Every single freakin time I get dirt on a 100 or less sqaure island. It really pisses me off.

Comment

zipped or unzipped

Wow, great start and some luck with those huts
      [This message has been edited by Paul (edited May 06, 2000).]

Comment

Should we use this game for the Fortnight comp? I haven't started a new map yet, and this one sounds like a good one for a quick finish.
        Be the bid!

Comment

I'd say okay 'cept that Paul will probably embarrass us (okay, me) more than usual.

Oh okay, it's fine with me if we use it...
          AH has shrink shop open, and if you want advice from an Aussie who thinks he's a horse that likes having a gay Greek general riding his backside then that's still available. - Lancer

Comment

OK by me to use this for the comparison game.

Comment

Beautiful site!Gonna be some early landings...nuff said for now.
              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I'm in!

Still have to play your first saved game. Where do you get these from?

Carolus

Comment

Great idea.

___
                  CtG
                  I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

I don't seem to have too much time to play Civ these days so using it for the fortnight game sounds fine to me.

Comment

I'm in - bet I can do better than Sten and be wiped out by 2000BC!

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
                      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Sten, it would be fine by me to use this for the competition. I'll wait for the official announcement before posting my log. This was a fun game for me. Two of the AI civs were actually building spaceship parts before my launch (I gave away science like crazy the whole game). One of them discovered The Wheel shortly after my launch. That struck me as kind of silly.

Comment

SG - I see your 2000bc and I raise you 100 years!

Tom - I'll start a thread for results, since I did the last one... thanks for the good start!

Be the bid!

Comment

Working...
                          X