The Magical Mystery Peace Treaty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Magical Mystery Peace Treaty

I looked through the Great Library, but I couldn't find anything on this topic: Sometimes I've signed a peace treaty with an AI civ, and a few turns later his units wander into my territory. I give him a ring to ask him to kindly remove the offernding units, but when he appears, the first thing he does is ask me to sign a peace treaty! It will often happen that this treaty disappears too, and I can never ask him to remove his troops (since this request must wait till after the treaty's been in effect for a turn). I play 2.42, and this problem's cropped up on all difficulty levels from Prince to Deity, and all levels of barbarian activity. It usually seems to occur during the later portions of the game, and especially often when I have the U.N., although it occasionally happens when I don't have it. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Yep - been there - there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason, but I often suspect that the AI is manoeuvring for a sneak attack ...
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Yes, it has previously been postulated that when this occurs, you will be sneak attacked the next time the ai moves.

RAH
      I still think its a bug.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Me too, especially given the repeat nature of the incidents. Once it happens, it tends to happen again and again.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

For non-representative governments, right after you make a peace treaty the option "Ask for tribute" will appear. The response of this sneaker will be the 'so sorry to have inadvertantly ...' type. Voila, the troops are gone. The sneaker seldom responds with actual tribute.

Note, if you bribe troops or a double-cost "No incident" bribe of a city, the treaty with the owning civ often disappears.
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

If you've been out of contact for a while, the AI forgets it knew you.

Comment

When you have the great wall or the united nations this occurs repeatedly as the AI tries to sneak attack you. Each time one of his units attempt to attack the peace dialouge comes up.
              Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
              Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I've had this happen to me every turn before. Sign peace treaty-> end turn -> sign peace treaty -> end turn. For several turns! I got writer's cramp
                -HOWITZER AL-
                -------------------
                Some complain that God put thorns on roses,
                While others rejoice that He put roses among the thorns.

Comment

Working...
                X