No announcement yet.

Naming a city "NONE"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody ever rename their cities every 5 turns or so?! I think that would be most confusing to me.

Comment

Maybe not every five turns, just when the situation changes and you may benfit from it. Like you see a unit moving along the edge of you city range but he hasn't seen the city yet. He's inching towards your capital. You switch the two city names and he thinks he's still just near the original city and may not realize the other one is there.
      There are many other situations for it. I don't do it willy nilly because then it just confuses me.

RAH
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I remeber going into Rome with my dip. In the Rome SCN. and I renamed rome The Fun House. that was funny.

------------------
        Ah man! Ghandi! New game.

-Genghis Al
        Don't invade Russia in the winter time.

Comment

Using default names but switching the name of your capital with something else can really throw off some people into believing your capital is elsewhere.
          When you laugh, the world laughs with you.
          When you cry, the world laughs at you.

Comment

One of the player here has a good system of naming cities: 1London, 2Manchester, 3NewCastle, 4Dublin,.... This way he controls the sequence when using arrows to move among cities.

Comment

I have done weird things with city names. I named all my cities with smiliey faces and stuff. Another good system I use is write a story using the cities, well its not good but its a lot of fun during the 3 hour breaks between your turns.

BTW nice to see you posting again Xin Yu I thought you had dissappeared?
              I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

Thanks buddy. I use company line to access here. The company (in fact almost all of them) were Y2K phobia, so I got cut off for a period of time. Now who can tell what does the Y2K bug look like?

Comment

Yes naming cities can have a profound effect on things but once a enemy has a diplomatic relation.... you can name things whatever you want..... the capital is always known.

------------------
                  They call me Mr. Fierce

Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Maybe not. Name your capital "Rome", then another city "Rome (Capital)". Now which one is the capital?

Comment

I would like to refer back to the original point, by FreeChina.

On early versions of the game, after building a certain number of cities (it might have been 64, 100 or 128), any further cities built did not support their units, which comes in extremely handy when supporting settlers.

Of course, this was remedied in a later patch. I did this in the middle of a long game...and yes, I suffered many disbands because of it.

------------------
                      The next 20 years will be a fascinating time to watch the U.K.
                      Randomturn

I wonder if Mrs. Ming knows that her husband gets online and gives teenage boys "spankings"?
                      Wes W

We will not know the outcomes of our decisions today until tomorrow, and can only guess what would happen if we made different decisions yesterday
                      Mao

Comment

Heh, heh, heh...

Very cunning Xin Yu! Ever thought of writing "MP tips and tricks"?

Carolus

Comment

I'm too lazy to write anything. I have bad experiences in writing papers (two PhD dissertations) and I'm through with it now.

These will be my city names in the future:

Beijing
                          Shanghai (Capital) (Building Oracle)
                          Nanjing (Building Hanging Gardens)
                          Canton (Capital) (Building Pyramids)
                          Baotou (Building Manhatten's Project)

I'd love to see my opponents' faces when they see that I'm building Manhatten in 2000BC. Hehehe.

Comment

Xin...
                            ROTFLMAO!

But how come it doesn't surprise me
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Two Ph D dissertations and "I'm too lazy to write anything"??? That don't mix!

I have my hands full trying to write one...

Hahahaha! That would be one useless strategy guide, Sten! Come to think of it, maybe not? "How to play to get whipped in MP" does have a certain appeal...

Carolus

Comment

As Xin or others have written before, a city with a palace has a larger city icon on the map and in the top 5 city screen than would otherwise be the case for a city of its population size. Which helps if you think that your competitor may be mixing up city names or changing his capital.

Carolus - I thought you were going to write the strat guide in your spare time!
                                Be the bid!

Comment

Working...
                                X