Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use settlers inside a city?

Hello All,

I am new to Civ2 and I saw some postings about people putting settlers in cities to make these city's get larger or somthing, how do you do this? Please help!

Captain Michael Crompton US Army

Here it goes. Build a city. Then get another settler. Move him into the city and push b, that will make the city go up a level. Or go into the city and tell the sttler to join city. This will "use the settler" he will not be there anymore. This works until the city is lvl. 8.

By the way. THis is not a very practical way pf growing a city. Use food caravans for that.

Goodluck

------------------
    Ah man! Ghandi! New game.

-Genghis Al
    Don't invade Russia in the winter time.

Comment

i don't use the food caravan trick but is it ok to use a caravan to grow a city in MP... i dont' use this option either but am curious nonetheless??
      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Joining a city has it's time and place, Genghis! And I think food caravan trick is just a little bit underhanded. But if I ever play multiplayer, I guess I'll do as the Romans do.

Aurelius.
        Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep? [--Inspiration of Blade Runner]

"> > Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the reader who
        >doesn't get it."--don't know.

Comment

Aruelius,

I totally agree with the settle thing having a time and a place. But I would not use this to grow cities it is to expensive. Mybe to grow a war factory on the front quickly...

And I was not reffering to the caravan "trick". Just sending caravans of food to the city.

------------------

-Genghis Al

Comment

Hey Genghis,

If I were the AI in a one city game, I'd bribe all those food caravans and bring them home to feed my people. I wonder if this is a tactic in multiplayer....though nobody would build food caravans and leave them strewn about like dip/spy barriers as I do in OCC. I've never found a food caravan through bribery--food for thought

Aurelius the Always thinkin'

(PS-- do you ever attack Ghandi, Genghis?)
            Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep? [--Inspiration of Blade Runner]

"> > Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the reader who
            >doesn't get it."--don't know.

Comment

Pity the AI doesnt bribe more often then .... Thats why I prefer MP , more realistic as to response of your enemy to your actions

------------------
              Rasputin The Mad Monk,
              Ra Ra Rasputin, Lover of the Russian Queen

Comment

I don't attack Ghondi... Not since the accedent.

No... Ghondi seems to be the most evil person in the game. And it always makes me laugh when I see the most peacfull man in the world demand money. If I say no he shouts you will suffer. And all the sneak attacks...

Usually if I start next to ghondi I start a new game becous I don't want to feel his wrath.

------------------

-Genghis Al

Comment

Okay, something new I didn't know. How do you build cities up with food caravans? And I'm not referring to the semi-illegal trick, either.

JimW

Comment

Working...
                  X