Supermarkets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supermarkets

I didnt know this. Not a big one but I never build supermarkets until i have at least one sqaure ready as farmland. You do get 1 extra food for having a supermarket if the city center is a terrain that *can* have irrigation (grassland, hills, plains...). So just building the supermarket gets you 1 extra food.
    [This message has been edited by My Wife Hates CIV (edited December 19, 1999).]

The city square changes to farmland.You can see it around the edges.Or the city window.I still like to have a fair bit done first for "WE LOVE" and to keep my engineers free for pollution patrol until that problem is solved.
    [This message has been edited by Smash (edited December 19, 1999).]
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I didn't think the city square changed to farmland until the squares surrounding it were changed to farmland. I should try to build them earlier- I wait too long I think.

Comment

To my knowledge the city square does not change until one square on a side of the city (not a corner square) is turned into farmland.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

That's a good one. I, too, waited until all the prep work had been done. How did you discover this?

------------------
          Frodo lives!

Better dead than "Red"... or green... or blue... or yellow... or orange... or purple... or white.
          Frodo lives!

Comment

To be more precise, the graphics of the city square change to farmland when you farm an adjacent square, but the food production changes as soon as you build a supermarket.

Comment

ya you're right.Incidently tonight I captured an ai city that was all farmed.The supermarket was either destroyed or the ai doesnt need one,but for some unknown reason the city was still producing food as if it had one.
              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Working...
              X