Incas.....Arabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incas.....Arabs

Not really strategy but I notice the Incas and the Arabs are listed in the city text.Whats up?Can I access these civs?How?
    [This message has been edited by Smash (edited January 13, 2000).]
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Smash -

If you want to play as either the Incas or the Arabs, simply go into the Rules.txt, scroll to where all the tribes are, and switch an existing tribe with the one that you want to play as. It's pretty simple. Just make sure to keep all the other civs in their correct spots, my colors got seriously messed up in my games because i switched in the Arabs wrongly.

Comment

I was just wondering if the Incas replaced the Sioux in MGE for anyone who has it? I thought that's weird if it's true, I have a picture of Sitting Bull telling me he's Atahuallpa, maybe it's just a mod I have

Comment

The Sioux seem correct in my MGE. He's still called Sitting Bull.

Comment

Next time I play Makeo, assuming i host, I'm going to replace the Aztecs with the Inca's in my rules text. HA HA HA HA HA
          The camel is not a part of civ.
          THE CAMEL IS CIV !!!!
          SAVE THE CAMEL !!!!!!

Comment

Go for it!

------------------
            finbar
            Mono Rules!

" ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

The leader picture doesn't change when you change the .txt file of rulers. You have to modify a .dll file to change that, I believe.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

mine already have the incas. But I think it was the fascist patch that put them in their replacing the siuox I think.

Comment

BTW, if you want use more than just the Arabs or Incas- or even just want more names for existing civs- check out the "custom civilizations- a dissertation" thread in civ2 General.
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I don't feel real confident about tinkering like this mainly cuz I don't have a clue what I'm doing.

@ARABS
                    Baghdad
                    Mecca
                    Samarra
                    Damascus
                    Tiflis
                    Tangier
                    Raqqa
                    Beirut
                    Basra
                    Medina
                    Riyadh
                    Mosul
                    Beirut
                    Algiers
                    Tunis
                    Fez
                    Cordoba
                    Palmyra
                    Shiraz
                    Aden
                    Qum
                    Qazvin
                    Barqa
                    Tripoli
                    Mahdia
                    Rabat
                    @STOP

this what i see.Now what do I do with it?
                    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

You don't need to do anything with the city names. All you have to do is go in and put the Arabs as one of the main tribes. It's in the Rules.txt, towards the bottom. There's a list of the civilizations. All you have to do is take out one of the civs, and replace that spot with the Arabs. The game will automatically know where to look for the city names.

------------------
                      SandMonkey

"Fear can sometimes be a useful emotion. For instance, let's say that you're an astronaught on the moon and you fear that your partner has been turned into Dracula. The next time he goes out for the moon pieces, wham!, you just slam the door behind him and blast off. He might call you on the radio and say he's not Dracula, but you just say, 'Think again, bat man'"

Comment

And if you want to add a new civ, just put them in anywhere- it doesn't matter where in the cities.txt you put them (as long as it's not in another civ's name list!). Just make sure you include the @"civ name" and the @STOP at the end. If you want to put in more names, just type them in where you'd like that name to appear in the city name list.

Comment

ya I figured it out.Got a little carried away now I have Arabs,Incas.Scots and Canadians.Longshanks is now in charge of the English also.Seems to be functioning within normal parameters.

Comment

Is there a simple way a humble mac user can pull this trick of?

------------------
                            Ah man! Ghandi! New game.

-Genghis Al
                            Don't invade Russia in the winter time.

Comment

I am a humble MAC user and I pulled it off.hehe, only had to reinstall once.

Comment

Working...
                              X