Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

City has walls? You can tell from the icon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scouse Git#1

You are right. The Capital is never a "small city" ie the left most graphic in cities.gif
    (walled or not).

Comment

I think Miner got the idea ...
      Yes, shattered (Bridge Club Party last night - drove into work with sun in eyes and ice under the wheels - not had a chance for a cup of coffee yet and its nearly one)

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor

"Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Thanks guys. Here is a true story of "pain in the wall". Me and my ally were planning to take a city. Since there was only one narrow land bridge towards it, I used two settlers to build a road through it while my ally was building vet elephants. Then I gave a diplo and a settler to my ally for him to use and moved all my units out of the way. (I could not use the diplo myself since his elephants were on the way). I asked him to steal literacy for me (from MPE I knew this was the only tech I did not have), but he investigated the city instead (he said he could not afford to 'lose the elephants to the walls'). It turned out there's no walls, so he took the city with ease (8 vet elephants and 4 vet pikemen against one non-vet phalanx). However my 300+ shields were stucked in my largest city, no where to go -- I was one turn late for the wonder.
        [This message has been edited by Xin Yu (edited December 14, 1999).]

Comment

Hi Xin,

long time no hear

That one was very good. If I were Narck, I would organize a contest to award the best recent thread I bet this one wins!

Comment

XY - Love it. One of the nicest I've heard. I have a sort of other side of the coin story. Last night, in one turn, I hurled 11 Crusaders (4 of them vets) and 3 Dumbos (all vets) at a Great Walled Viking city. Two Viking phalanx units saw them off comfortably.

SG - Yes, Miner's obviously brighter than I am. Or Miner was in a similar condition to you and was able to interpret. Bridge Club and ice on the roads, hm? I thought you might've been shattered re the flannelled chappies in South Africa.

------------------
            finbar
            Mono Rules!

" ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

...or Miner was in a similar condition to you and was able to interpret

LOL!
              [This message has been edited by Miner (edited December 15, 1999).]

Comment

Best I could manage under the humiliating circumstances,

------------------
                finbar
                Mono Rules!

" ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Working...
                X