Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

City has walls? You can tell from the icon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City has walls? You can tell from the icon.

I notice that cities with or without walls are different (for most of you it is not a news but maybe somebody doesn't know). But I can't tell if the city has other things, like coastal fortress, airport, etc. Anyway, you don't need to waste a diplo to check if a city has walls, that's for sure.

I havn't really noticed this as I usually send a dip to look at defender quality any how.What am I looking for?
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

The difference is: cities with walls have walls in their icons.

Comment

I just looked and you can see a little wall.

Look at 2 cities the same size
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

How's that for timing 15:46

Thanks Xin,I learn something new everyday.New to me anyway

Comment

How long have Xin and Smash played Civ 2?
            Das Wasser soll dein Spiegel sein
            Erst wenn es glatt ist, wirst du sehen
            Wieviel Märchen dir noch bleibt
            und um Erlösung wirst du flehen.

The water shall be your mirror
            Only when it's smooth you will see
            How much fairy-tale is left for you
            And you will beg for deliverance.

'Alter Mann', RAMMSTEIN.

Comment

Long enough that I should have noticed this before

Comment

I pats myself on the back for knowing that cities with walls can be distinguished by their icons. I sincerely regret that it hasn't made the slightest bit of difference to my tres ordinaire play.

------------------
                finbar
                Mono Rules!

" ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Xin Yu has played the game forever. He is one of the leading experts on the game. But this subject came up in another thread, and as usual for Xin, he wanted to make sure the new people were aware of it. You can always count on him to figure out all the strange stuff. I even learn new things from him on occasion, and I also have played forever
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

extra post. Double your pleasure.
                    [This message has been edited by Theben (edited December 13, 1999).]
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Maybe Xin is trolling for MP suckers. Can you say "hustle"?
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Xin doesn't need to hustle... He plays with our bunch all the time (assuming he ever gets a home connection again)

But now that you mention it... WAIT A MINUTE
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

And just to screw you around completely wallwise, when you build the GW (if you're so inclined), every new city you build has a wall in its icon, even though there isn't a wall there in reality. Which makes checking and building real walls in your pseudo-walled cities (if you're so inclined) after the expiry of GW a real pain in the ... wall.

------------------
                          finbar
                          Mono Rules!

" ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Are my eyes (and or memory) deceiving me or does the capital city of a civilisation have the icon normally used by a city of greater size than it (the capital) currently is. Sorry about the dispicable grammar - I'm shattered this morning.

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor

"Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Um ... run that one by us again? Couldn't quite follow it.

Shattered?

------------------
                              finbar
                              Mono Rules!

Comment

Working...
                              X