No announcement yet.

What goes into a Science City?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I built the SETI wonder for the first time and it's effect was really good. The number of beakers in your science city goes in cycles. It reaches a peak after Isaac but before Flight which cancels the Colossus. It also varies as you adjust the science rate. Under Democracy, it should peak again at SETI and if you continue to grow for the sake of it. Once I get the advances for the spaceship or an adequate army for total warfare, I stop the science.

Comment

ADAM
      Interesting comments about the Colossus v Hanging Gardens. I tend to build many more cities. Why do you stop at 8 - 10?
      ----------
      Scouse Git (2)
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Scouse:
        Now that I think about it, HG may give you the extra trade arrow in democracy. Anybody know off the top of their head? The point about Colossus lasting longer still applies.

Why do I stop at 8-10 cities? It just takes too long otherwise. I dont have much time to play, and it usually takes me about 20-25 hours to finish a game. I dont know if this is because I am too deliberate or if it is time to replace my 100 mhz machine.
        Old posters never die.
        They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

Same here, I have a faster CPU but with 12 cities, it takes me about 30 hours. I think the difference may be that I stop to take detailed notes for my log. I can only do this, at most, once a month. That's why every regular game is a new experience for me.

Comment

You only get extra trade from "we luv U" days in military govts; and not despotism or anarchy. In demo it just helps you get that pop jump a little easier.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

If done properly the super science city can produce 90% of your research(depending on your # of cities). I was able to produce above 1100 beakers/turn with it which translate to 1 techs/ 1-2 turn. Sheakspear is really important as it allows you to WLPD with a luxuary rate of 10 to 20%. It also allows you to do it longer (above 32 habitants) without affecting your science production. In MP it is hard to find a good city location to do it (with at least 2 trade specials). Other wonders such as Mich and JSB usually take precedent. In the couple of MP games I was able to build it it is a killer. Your science skies rocket and you can build a substancial lead. Then everybody hates you, don't trade with you and steal from you.

Comment

Working...
              X