No announcement yet.

I'm hacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I have a workable version now. There's a lot more to do but I'd like to have people testing it. If you are interested please respond and give me your e-mail address. It's just a test version so no need to post it for downloading.

I don't have a readme file yet so I'll just post it here:

System Requirement:

Windows version: Win ME (should work under Win95 and Win 98 as well, not sure about NT and 2000).

Civ version: must be MPE (UCC, FW, etc. doesn't work).

Installation:
    Unzip LazyCiv.zip, you'll see a file named LazyCiv.exe. Put it anywhere in your hard drive (remember the path). Run the file from windows explorer while civ2 MPE is running (you can either run LazyCiv first or after civ2 is activated).

Run-Time Help:
    When you open a city window and change production type, the LazyCiv program will kick in and a window will pop up. It has three buttons: 'About', 'Purchase 10 shields', and 'Finish'.

Each time you click on 'Purchase 10 shields' button, your shield production will increase by 10 while your treasury decreasing by 25. After apropriate number of clicks you click on 'Finish', the LazyCiv window will disappear.

You will NOT see changes immediately. Shield changes will appear after you click on the 'OK' button on the lower-right edge of the 'change production type' window. Money will change after you move to another city or close then re-open the city window. Money on the side bar after you close the city window will change after you right-click on the map to change the cursur position.

There is no limit in money spending -- you can get a negative treasury if you keep on buying. Also you may purchase too much for the current unit. These will be fixed in the next version.

Warning 1: you MUST not change production type (e.g., from city improvement to unit) while purchasing -- you may lose half of your purchased shields! When you need to change type, simply click Finish in LazyCiv, then do the change and click OK. Afterwards you can re-open the change production window to purchase.

Warning 2: you MUST use the 'OK' button to quit the change production window. If you use 'Auto' then cancel or the like you'll lose any purchased shields and you cannot get your money back.

I know a way to fix the above problems but it will need A LOT more searching into the memory and will cause the program to run slower. I can't decide now whether to deal with them in the program or let you take care of them.

Comment

Working...
    X