No announcement yet.

Leo's and skipping techs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my computer Mass Production is NOT on the path to Rocketry.
    ... maybe I'm lucky
    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Sorry, I can't remember the tech tree past Medicine or Democracy or so. Rubbish after so many years of play, I know, but still.
      Maybe I could learn a thing or two while I'm chez Institute.

Comment

Originally posted by La Fayette

Cruiser (Steel) == AEGIS (Rocketry)

(but who is willing to discover Rocketry before Automobile ? )

Yup, I've done that. Wanted to squeeze every last upgrade out of Leo's...

Comment

hew: I was beginning to worry - Magnetism with its adverse effect upon the LightHouse is NOT on my favourite tech path ... Crooks & Clads Rule!!!

Stu
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I can confirm Cruisers upgrade to AEGIS Cruisers with Rocketry. Mass Prod is required for Space Flight but not Rocketry.

I've tried the make-Leos-last-forever route in some games, typically ones where I am going the conquest route and not trading much, so Superhighways aren't an issue. After Combustion, you're going to lose either Colossus (with Flight) or Leo (with Automobile). Post Automobile, Sun Tzu is lost with Mobile Warfare... but getting Armor usually makes the loss worthwhile.

If I don't have Colossus and am not trading much, I'll happily hang onto Leo and if I'm bribing AI cities, turn those Pikemen/Musketeers/Settlers into Riflemen/Engineers... Generally the unit disbands that result from a mass upgrade can keep the attack rolling
            "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
            "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Working...
            X