Partisan Bribing Phenomenon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partisan Bribing Phenomenon

In my last game I wanted to bribe some partisans.
    Although I had about 34.000 g in my coffers, it was'nt possible (I made more than 20.000 g per turn by freights).
    Then I had an idea: I rushed some buildings (solar plants etc) so that the amount of gold was under 32.000.
    Then I could bribe the partisans.
    Seems that more than 32.000 g is treated as negative (= debts).
    There are no silly questions - only silly answers
    <a href="http://www.sethos.gmxhome.de">Strategy Guide</a>

Were you using MGE or ToT with the no limits patch?
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Hmmm, never run into that one before but there have been other strange things what worked equally weird when something was over the limit.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It has to do with the way a computer handles two byte numbers. Numbers greater than 32,767 are considered negitive. You can stay under this limit or you can download the no limits patch, which lets you go up to 65535.

Comment

I hate these awful bugs, the programmers must have known players were going to excede 32.000

Comment

Originally posted by William Keenan
            It has to do with the way a computer handles two byte numbers. Numbers greater than 32,767 are considered negitive. You can stay under this limit or you can download the no limits patch, which lets you go up to 65535.
            I thought the limit was higher than that?

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
            "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

The limit cant be rasied above 65535 because only two bytes are allocated too it. As far as I know its impossible to change variable sizes in a compiled program.

Comment

Right at this moment I'm staring at a ToT savegame (with no-limits patch) and the treasury is at 251,000 g.

There are no partisans anywhere on the map, but I can rushbuy and sell improvements and the cash reserve seems to be affected normally. Maybe the 65K limit applies just to MGE?

Comment

That's a big number! I don't know how Julius Brenzaida did it but my hat is off to him.

Comment

Working...
                  X