Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civ respawn

when do civs stop respawning?
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

IIRC, 1750.
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

thanks!
      "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

I'm sure its 1750 , that means either STYOM is correct or we are both wrong .
        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I thought it was 1500, but I haven't played conquest for ages so am not entirely sure. The only reasoning I have for this is a slightly poor memory and that 1500 is when the years change to 10 year increments on Deity. Would it be different for different levels? I certainly hope that it's 1500 because I've got a mass of vet crooks on the Celtic border in 1540 and am looking to cause temrinal mayhem.

Comment

Might be turn 200 (1750 in Emp/D; 1500 at King).
            Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

I agree with Old n Slow.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Could be right, it been so long since I played at King
                The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

AD 1500 for Deity, version 2.42 - see this thread for confirmation.

Comment

Hmm ... I think the Macintosh version keeps respawning so long as there's virgin land somewhere on the map. But it's been awhile since I played with respawn as an enabled option, so I could very well be wrong, and the PC/Mac versions are identical in this aspect.

Gatekeeper
                    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

1750, MGE Mac
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                      X