No announcement yet.

One wonder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought & thought for about 18 seconds … & went with Marco’s. Since I’m sort of a Wonder addict, (and only play SP so far) I figured that one would want the strong advantage early in the game (thus Hoover’s is out, & Leo’s & Mikes are iffy). I haven’t used HG enough to get the full sense of value there (nor have I used Marco’s to its fullest extent), but I like the idea of a few extra traded techs (in a timely fashion), updated information through the middle ages and most importantly, maps.

If there were one and only one wonder to be had, the lack of Apollo’s makes it a conquest game; what’s the estimate of speed of conquest with Marco’s vs without?
    Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Statue of Lib
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Depending on mapsize either LH or Magalans.
        (I usualy play on islands or arch map).

You simply cant get the effects any other way unlike most of the wonders voted for.

Comment

I think it depends on your strategy a bit. I eneded up selecting Adam Smith's, since a lot of the time I liek to play a game where I build tons of small cities (what was that called? scs or something? the "sleaze" strategy) and one big one. I had a slight variant on it where once I had Adam Smiths I would let the cities grow as large as they could, and I would build a library, marketplace, and a temple. Since They were all free, I would get an eventual huge bonus on my taxes and science.

I used to visit these boards daily, and although I haven't been here in a long time, it's great to see people still talking about Civ2. I agree with everyone else who said that htis game was a classic. It's the only game I always end up going back to no matter what, even after 6 years of playing.

Comment

Working...
          X