Sneak attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sneak attacks

In nearly every game (single player, deity) the AI sneak attack me the round after a peace treaty, although I've got the UN.
    They declare war on me, even they've only one city left.
    Since I'm a "peaceful" player and I'm more interested in city-improvements and caravans (I want to win the space race), it's very boring for me. Is there any way to avoid this? When do the AI sneak attack me? If they're technologically ahead or behind?
    Please help me.
    There are no silly questions - only silly answers
    <a href="http://www.sethos.gmxhome.de">Strategy Guide</a>

They will do this because you are going to win. It is the last ditch effort of the AI to bring you down, even tho it has no chance of success. It's nothing personal, they just hate you.

The AI is much more aggressive in the MGE version. It's not uncommon for all AIs to declare war for no reason at all, even if you are middle of the pack.
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Comment

there really is nothing you can do about it(as far as I know)...the moment you start playing you give them a reason to sneakattack you...

The only thing you can try to do against it is having enough troops so they can't hurt you that much.
      (also bare in mind the AI "forgets peacetreaties",like 5 seconds after the diplomacyscreen closes )
      And the AI thinks it's immortal...even if they only have one city and 1 or even no units they still will treaten to drive you out with their mighty armies(there you go having 150 cities and so many troops you can't even count them)

Shade
      ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
      shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

If the AI is not democracy you can have a couple of spies waiting outside the AI's city to bribe any units coming out. If the AI cannot build stealth fighters (or put something else prior to fighters in building sequence), you can put a bomber/mech infantry combo above your spies to ensure safety. If the AI is democracy then you can use bombers to block its units' movement so it cannot attack you.

You can even use engineers to transform all squares inside AI city radius to hills so that the AI city will have only one shield production (from the city square). This means the AI will have zero net production under republic or democracy, one under other governments (assuming 1 defense unit is needed).

Comment

You can even use engineers to transform all squares inside AI city radius to hills so that the AI city will have only one shield production (from the city square). This means the AI will have zero net production under republic or democracy, one under other governments (assuming 1 defense unit is needed).

Another stroke of genius from the Master!

We are not worthy!!!!
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Xin Yu
            If the AI is not democracy you can have a couple of spies waiting outside the AI's city to bribe any units coming out. If the AI cannot build stealth fighters (or put something else prior to fighters in building sequence), you can put a bomber/mech infantry combo above your spies to ensure safety. If the AI is democracy then you can use bombers to block its units' movement so it cannot attack you.
            It took me 3 months to come up with a plan like this. I'm a slow learner. I bow to you!
            "A witty saying proves nothing."
            - Voltaire (1694-1778)

Comment

And if the AI is in rep or demo and you want to make sure that the city is only supporting one unit. Just cover all the squares with a unit. They may attack out once or twice, but within a couple of turns, all the extra units supported by that city will be disbanded due to lack of support. Of course, if you want to capture the city, sometime the unit not disbanded is one outside the city and the city is left defenseless.

RAH
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
              X