Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenge idea...?

Good evening.

I am the Uber-newbie! So...uhm, if this is wrong, don't yell at me, please? If there's one of these in the archives, I can't find it...

Anyway....

The NO ROADS CHALLENGE!

I came upon this idea the first time I played Civ:2..when I was lagging in research, and living paycheck(so to speak...<g>) to paycheck.

Welll, then I realized that roads added trade...so I re-started and roaded over everything.

Well, the challange is this. No roads. No Railroads.

This SHOULD weaken you technically, Domestically, and Monetarily, as well as militarily(after all, being unable to shoot your 3 Knights 9 spaces in a turn does have some serious disadvantages for your defenses...)

In addition, you can't conquer other people and use the roads they build. All roads much be pillaged.

Now, I'm expecting ICSrs to go "Uh....so?" to this. <g> But ~I~ thought it might be fun...

------------------
    I dunno. I think nukes are cool..If you're the only one who has em.
    I dunno. I think nukes are cool..If you're the only one who has em.

uh so, even for percectionist like myself this is no challenge But i am sure someone has or will do it

Comment

Knights can only go 6 spaces (on roads) in a turn

Comment

People have won with no cities. Now if you had to win the space race, it would be much harder.

------------------
        Go Redskins!

Email me at
        SilverDragon141@aol.com

Comment

People have won with no cities??? I've heard of the OCC but never the NoCC. Do you mean won or survived?

Comment

SD, could you possibly be meaning the nomad's challenge? here's the link to the challenge http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum3/HT...tml?date=09:02

------------------
            Save the whales, collect the whole set!!

If Al Gore invented the Internet, then I invented the spell check- Dan Quayle

If someone doesn't agree with you, you haven't explained yourself well enough-Luther Ely Smith
            [This message has been edited by jcarkey (edited December 16, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
            X