4 advanced tribes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 advanced tribes!

In a recent game, I uncovered 4 advanced tribes. I can't remember ever getting two. Is this just luck, or is there some controlling influence?

I believe i posted something similar in another thread, i think it was the "free cities thread" and the general consensous there seemed to be, that its random and at times the same result appears in bunches, ie three or four freebies in a row

Either that or its resource generator is faulted

------------------
    Do you wish to trade blows or goods? I offer both.

Comment

I got 5 advanced tribes before. All in a row, too , right at the beginning of the game. But then I got 4 barbs in a row after.

Comment

My best is 3 in a row. Tends to happen earlier in the game rather than later. It has also been well established that you can find your capital city in a hut. Though whether it's ideally located is an entirely different matter.

------------------
        finbar
        Mono Rules!
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Must be the same thing that determines whether it is immediate or takes eons of time to switch govts
          The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus

Comment

Crustacian, didn't you read oedo's xxxo thread? It tells you in which years new governments can be established.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by finbar on 09-27-2000 07:24 PM
              My best is 3 in a row. Tends to happen earlier in the game rather than later. It has also been well established that you can find your capital city in a hut. Though whether it's ideally located is an entirely different matter.

Has it been well established?
              I thought that in previous discussions, you don't get your first city from a hut until WAY into the game... like after 2000 BC or later... And, only one or two people actually got their first city from a hut. (probably since it only happens late into the game)
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Having read the "Hut knowledge" thread, I was doing some testing yesterday.

In Cheat mode, I killed off all the other civs, to give myself free rein at all the huts.

I planted my first city, to measure the barbarian occurence, so I cannot test the "first city with palace" part of the theory.

After a chariot, a money find, and a scroll, I found four advanced tribes in a row, before back to a more uneven mix of sciences, money units and barbs. In all I tipped about 20 huts, and got 5 advanced tribes, 2 barbs, 3-4 sciences, 3 units, and the rest money.

Then I had to go to bed.

Comment

Well, the fact that you can save and reload the game and get a different result from the hut does kinda hint that there is a probability table at work here.

RAH
                  Can we all say random probability. Granted it may be slanted based on situation if programmed as such, but it is still random.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

quote:

<font size=1>Originally posted by Ming on 09-28-2000 08:19 AM</font>
                    Has it been well established?
                    I thought that in previous discussions, you don't get your first city from a hut until WAY into the game... like after 2000 BC or later... And, only one or two people actually got their first city from a hut. (probably since it only happens late into the game)

I remember discussing this at length at various times. I've found my capital in the first hut I've tipped a number of times. Others - I can't recall how many - have done the same thing.

I've also tipped cities out of huts - not necessarily my capital - well before 2000BC.

------------------
                    finbar
                    Mono Rules!
                    [This message has been edited by finbar (edited September 28, 2000).]
                    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I have tried repeatedly to try to get a city from a hut before I have built my capital... 1,000's of resets in many different huts... and I have never seen a free "capital"... What can I say...

Now, I didn't mean to imply you couldn't get a city from a hut before 2000BC "after" you had built your capital... that I've done a million times
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Just had 1 in 2x2 king level game.I went hut hunting for abit and in hut #3 I got a Capitol advanced hut in 3750bc!Blew me away.Fairly well placed also.Missed 2 specials but had 1 whale and peat.Course original settler settled the other "side" of the special pattern.Had 11 cities down by 3000bc.Fantastic stuff.Wish I knew why.Never,ever seen one that early before.Probably won't again for some time,if ever.

Too bad I didn't get so lucky yesterday at lottery time
                        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Smash on 09-28-2000 09:50 PM
                          Just had 1 in 2x2 king level game.I went hut hunting for abit and in hut #3 I got a Capitol advanced hut in 3750bc!Blew me away.(

Mine have happened in the only version I play - Deity, 1x1. So it does happen. Though, with it happening to Smash, this does lead to the dreaded question - is it a Mac version thing?

Grrr. I think we've thrashed this around before, too.

------------------
                          finbar
                          Mono Rules!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Ming on 09-28-2000 09:38 PM
                            Now, I didn't mean to imply you couldn't get a city from a hut before 2000BC "after" you had built your capital... that I've done a million times

Sorry. Misinterpretation.

------------------
                            finbar
                            Mono Rules!

Comment

I've never gotten a capital in a hut, but I tend to plop down cities fairly early. Twice in games with oedo, he's claimed to have gotten his capital in a hut. I have no reason not to believe him. I think he plays on a PC, so that contradicts the "mac only" theory.

Comment

Working...
                              X