No buildings available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No buildings available?

I seem to have these games with a wierd twist. Most recently I found myself in the early AD years with a number of cities, and none of the larger ones, including my capital, were able to build any buildings.

What I mean is that the list of items to build listed only military units, no buildings.

I imagine it's just a case of outbilding my technological era, but I've never seen it before.

This one also has another wierdness, in that it took me up to 1520 AD to discover gunpowder!

Given the JP Wagner aversion to bloody conquest, I have a feeling I'm going to lose this one. At least, I don't think I'm likely to make it to AC.

Jim W

you've built every building that your current tech level will allow. And both problems are a symptom of a lack of trade. To reiterate a mantra that seems to be going around here, build lots of caravans, and then when you think you have enough, build some more The other thing to check would be if you have a good infrastructure of roads, especially on plains and grasslands. Trade is the key to everything in Civ II
    Insert witty phrase here

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by SCG on 06-13-2000 07:59 PM
      you've built every building that your current tech level will allow. And both problems are a symptom of a lack of trade.

Yes, this was another of the wierdnesses. I kept picking up odd techs from here and there , and didn't even get Trade until about 800BC. _Very_ late.

Then I had trouble shaking loose a Settler or two to build roads. Not nice.

Jim W

Comment

I think you need to build caravans.
        (Somebody finish the following sentence)
        And when you've built enough...

Comment

Working...
        X