Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody ever tried simplified combat???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody ever tried simplified combat???

after a few years playing civ and civ2 I decided to try the simplified combat and I don't like at all and also I don't see the point.
    Does anybody know why it is there???
    What is the point??
    Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
    Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
    miguelsana@mixmail.com

Its the Civ1 system, without HP or FP. Its for people who liked the civ1 combat.

Comment

Without HP and FP it is possible to conquer far faster, 1 tank can take out a whole city of riflemen for example.
      "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
      "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

or you can have disaterous losses, i tried it and i like the new system better
        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I think the old system is more favourable to the AI.
          "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
          "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
          "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Yes, I tried it once - never again!

--------
            SG (2)
            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I've done it once. Partly out of nostalgia to Civ I, and partly because I was starting a game on a very islandy map. The advantage is, that your ships will either sink after a battle, or win and be able to cruise along at top speed. How I hate it when one of your ships sustains heavy damage, and then has to wait a dozen turns or so somewhere at the North-pole or wherever before it can continue at full speed! IMHO, the simplified combat has its use in a heavy naval-based game, otherwise it is best left unused. The hitpoints system is much more realistic.

------------------
              Ceterum censeo Romanem esse delendam.
              Hasdrubal's Home.
              Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Comment

Tried it once... a warrior took out my pikeman! NEVER again.

Comment

At first i thought the new system sucked when i changed from civ to civ2, but then i forgot how it used to be and embraced what it is, now i can't stand how it was and just play it as it is!!!! does that make sense? or am i waffling again... Gazes off into space..

I actually played the orignal about a month ago, i found it on the internet (whoops, am i allowed to say that out loud???) but i didn't get more than about 2000 years before i got fed up with the way it played. Maybe i'll give it a proper go one time for nostalgias sake, or whatever!!!
                  "There are not more than 5 musical notes..." - Sun Tzu
                  ...and we build an Academy for this guy... :confused:

Comment

quote:

At first i thought the new system sucked when i changed from civ to civ2, but then i forgot how it used to be and embraced what it is...

Like a German in Fate of Atlantis said just before he was ko'd by Indiana Jones: "My tots ekzekly."

Comment

umm.. where is the option for simplified combat?
                      Apolyton Empress
                      "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

When you start a game one of the options is customize rules. If you select that you can check simplified combat.

Comment

Working...
                        X