X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build city walls.

Okay..now that the obvious is done....::Plotplotplot::

DON'T DO ICS!

ICS is no fun. Effecient, yes. Useful for conquest: Yes.

Fun? No.

::Shruggle

Now..... I use a demi-perfectionist strat, move out, then up. Expand sufficiently....(10-15 cities), and max em out. And then I build an attack force and.....chaaaaaaaaaarge!

Of course, I also haven't played in a couple weeks...
    I dunno. I think nukes are cool..If you're the only one who has em.

Comment

following Dave's ICS guide and fine it full of holes that experience players may know what to do , but amatuers like myself get lost...

It doesnt say when/where to build first city, it then seems to contradict itself with reference to building citys near reasources but also says build citys one sqaure apart.

It says build warrior first then horse. but i have never had horse by the time i finish the warrior, do i just build settlers then...

Big gaps in wha tto research , like do i go for horse or monarchy first..
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I ususally play 2x2x, so to 1x1x players this won't really apply, but I place my capital on shielded grassland or plains with a forest/production special or ocean/trade special in useable range. Whales are nice since they offer all these at the same time. The reason for this is so I can produce a warrior in 2 turns, and a horse in 4. I suspect in 1x1x it doesnt really matter where you put your cap, as long as it's got decent trade and prodcution, i.e. forests and ocean or rivered grass. Build cities next to resources to start off with, then fill in the gaps (best on 2x moves).

After building the warrior switch your worker to an ocean square to get horse faster (you may have to switch production to a sett to stop having another warrior built), then switch back to build the horse. After researching horse first, go for monarchy.

Comment

i like to stick to the original settings for SP especially so 1x1x is only option,, and in MP i prefr 1x1x as that is what i am used to , but i do occasionaly cheat and start a MP game but only play it bymeslef to learn more of 2x2x or 2x1x
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

ICS: Build cities as quickly as possible.

ALso.....ICSrs have a lot of trouble with Barbs.
            I dunno. I think nukes are cool..If you're the only one who has em.

Comment

Working...
            X