a civ2 attack strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a civ2 attack strategy

Ok, I admit. . compared to many of you, i am lousy at civ. i'm amazed by some of the strategies ya'll talk about here (esp early AC landings, etc. . truly impressive) .. . nevertheless, i've developed a new strategy, and i'm rather proud of it, so please patronize me, lol.

actually, it's probably NOT a new strategy at all, but it's new to me. i just started playing civ2 again the other day. . i hadn't played in a few years, but i started the other day, so i tried something that i had thought of a long time ago, but never tried.

i played on a huge map, 7 civs, king level. early game was HEAVILY expansionist. . switched to monarcy, then republic, then fundamentalism as soon as possible. my goal of course was world domination, getting techs from taking cities. my population was roughly 10,000,000 by 1 A.D., all from my own cities. . (this is the best i've ever done before btw. . as far as fast expansion. luckily, i was on a huge continent that had a few civs far away from me, and was connected to the south pole, giving me access to the other large continent.) I had approx 2 settelers per city. . and as soon as i got railroad, every city was connected to every other city in a matter of turns. . all squares were also irrigated and mined, and the ones that didn't have railroads had roads. i built the core improvements to make productive cities, didn't worry about happyness as i went to fundamentalism asap. . didn't worry about unit support for the same reason. . then switched all cites to building powerful attack units (catapult, cannon, etc). settlers mobilized and built all on one turn rail roads to each enemy citie. . on grassland it takes 3 settlers to go from nothing to railroad in one turn. i thought ahead though, and gave the enemy railroad, so they already had some of their own railroads build, and also a nice road system. (from road to rail takes 2 settlers in one turn) so those 2 combined along with my huge army of settlers and i'd connect to every enemy citie in a matter of turns. . . then take my huge army and completly take over a thriving civilization in one turn. this repeated a few times. . finally completed my world conquest in about 1300 AD(over hills or forest or mountain or icecap, you can't build a railroad in one turn. . minimum of 2 turns no matter how many settlers you have) so that slowed me down a bit.

ok, so i'm not great at the game, but what do ya'll think? any insights and how to do things faster/more efficient? i don't suck THAT bad, do i?
    -connorkimbro
    "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Sounds good to me.

You could have Leo's and get Explosives and turn those settlers into engineers.But a good plan to give RR to the ais in preparation for your invasion.The ai is most cooperative with rails and also handy forts throughtout their civs
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

If you check the GL you will find that it is possible to do wonderful things with multiple Settler/Engineers - the limit of only 2 per task is only apparent not real - the link is here http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum3/HTML/001755.html?15

Otherwise, no you don't suck - sounds good to me.
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Or if you don't want to be hassled by the "more than two engineers approach", simply prework your engineers. Granted you have to pay a little attention, but it's nice to have a dozen or so waiting in the wings for building those last sections of roads/railroads up to your enemies rail network in a single turn.

RAH
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You could have Leo's and get Explosives and turn those settlers into engineers.But a good plan to give RR to the ais in preparation for your invasion.The ai is most cooperative with rails and also handy forts throughtout their civs

Forgot to mention leo's workshop, but yes, this is what i did. .
          -connorkimbro
          "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Working...
          X