Am I doing well?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I doing well?

Its 1700 BC. World Map. I'm the Greeks. I have a silk-pheasant-fish-whale SSC. It has the Colossus. I have Monarchy Pottery and Trade, as well as some military techs I started with. (4 starting techs). I have 10 techs, with an eleventh coming next turn. (Writing.) I have 3 Elephant, 2 Chariot, 3 Archers, and 3 Horsemen exploring. I have 14 cities.

How good is the 14 cities in 1700 BC? Is this a lot? I especially want to hear from famous ICSers. Also, how good is the rest of my game?
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Well, I don't use ICS, and I'm impressed. Are you playing at Deity? How are you keeping them happy?

One bit of advice: unless it's on a river, mine the pheasant and get a bufallo. You'll lose 1 food (2 until you irrigate), but gain trade (with a road) and an extra shield.

Anyway, nicely done.
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
      How are you keeping them happy?
      I'm not
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Sounds like you're kicking butt. Now keep those citizens in line so you can bash some heads! Let us know how it turns out.
        "Three word posts suck!" - me

"...and I never will play the Wild Rover no more..." - Various

Comment

I like to expand fast, but not as much as ICS. Hopefully, now that you have a lot (a lot!) of cities, you can devote a couple more to wonder building, and at least a couple to caravan building.

If I was in your position, I would be researching towards Astronomy, and already building a temple and then a wonder in the SSC, which you can convert to Copernicus when you get the Science. You are also going to need Hanging Gardens, if you are playing at Deity, and if you have another good production city, have a go for Sun Tzu.

Looks like a great start - check out the demographics for your population, and try and get overseas and contact some other civs for trade and maps, and some science swapping.

Comment

Working...
          X