autohut finder, and autosettler?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autohut finder, and autosettler?!?!

what are these programs, and why are people using them???
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Hut finder

Don't have a clue what autosettler is.

Hutfinder is a time saver and a refinement of what we already knew. Everyone with half a brain knows there is a hut pattern. If you know of three huts in one four pattern and one hut from any other four set, you could calculate the position of every hut on the map. I used to keep blank sheet with the full hut pattern to assist in this. I'm not the only one. It also showed the relationship between the hut pattern and the special pattern.

The hutfinder makes it easier, you only need one hut.

When it first came out we discussed if it should be allowed in the group we play. In the end, it was decided that it was just an extension of what we already knew and it could save time since people no longer had to calculate the huts by hand. Anything that saves time in MP games is given consideration. Whether the entire community thinks the same is debatable. Every group has to determine it's own rules set. I have not seen many people here speak out against it.

RAH
    I guess it's time to hear more specific anit-comments from you
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

And now that we know that it can be calculated from one hut knowing the seed number, even without the program, all of us would have updated our hut templates. The cat is out of the bag and can't be put back in. To me it's the same as the knowledge of Oedo years, available techs, and supply and demand calculations. Once people know of them, they will use them. Some may think it's a shame that we have such knowledge, but those that have it WILL use it.

RAH
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

hmph
        "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Yeah, but what are you going to do....

RAH
          Do you have a link for the autosettler? Never heard of it.
          Last edited by rah; March 11, 2003, 10:32.
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

autosettler = putting settler on automatic?
            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

lol...don't know. i thought it was a program that made settlers not dumb (from reading the rah rules post). i guess you are right. oh well, if you can't beat them, join them

Comment

Anything that speeds up the game is ok with me. It's not like we couldn't do the same manually... I had a bunch of stuff mapped out on paper to show me the same thing... We all knew it, and hut finder just makes it faster. There are already enough things that slow the game down
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard
                  autosettler = putting settler on automatic?
                  Yes I know about putting settlers on auto "DOH"
                  But the way he asked the question, I was wondering if maybe XIN wrote a program to make them do what you want that I haven't seen. Or someone maybe developed it another site that I don't frequent. You never know, since people are working on all sorts of things.

RAH
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

And Kaak, If you ever interested in playing what some consider a "perversion" of civ, post in the "setting up thread" or use ICQ. I'm sure a person of your caliber would be welcome.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

i'm sure i'll play sometime

Comment

kaak has switched from room five in the zone to apolyton.....
                        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

He always cruises back this way every once in a while...
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

he hasn't played in a while, and he was sighted in room 5 the other day as well...

Comment

Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                              X