No announcement yet.

Why Deity is unbalanced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm... In our 3 or 4 person games GL is pretty much a worthless wonder. Many times, it doesn't even get built unless you are so far behind you need something to try to catch up. It's not really of any value when the people in the lead with Sciences work down different paths... it will get you some sciences, but you will still be way behind.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The expansion limiting effects of Deity is what makes Deity the best level to play. Those who try to convert the advantage of Advanced Tribes or nomad settlers in the biggest civ come to a crunching because of the resulting unhappiness.

On Deity I have beaten players who have doubled me in the number of cities because they have been slowed by too rapid early expansion. On the King level they could go on their merry way with the early lead and it would be impossible to peg them back.

This restriction of unhappiness balances the game as nothing else can, unless of course you introduce the rampant corruption of civ3

Comment

I still question the term "balances" the game. It's just another factor that has to be dealt with. You know that the next new city is going to cause problems, so you deal with it. You send a unit with the settler, or you are ready to force buy a temple, or you alternate having the city in revolt and out until a temple can be built, or you change your luxury rate accordingly.

Just something that has to be dealt with, just like everything else in the game.
        Keep on Civin'

Comment

In my greatest multi-player victory of all time, I built only 1 wonder. It was simply early marcos, went right for trade, skipped republic or monarchy. It was an extremely large board and the civs were not very close. All I did the entire game was keep my taxes high, trade civ to civ, gather everyones maps and techs and hit them with trade routes. It was extremely creative.
          8 Time Game League Champion!
          Oh, Its True, Its Dang True!

Comment

That's not a bad strategy for large maps if people leave you alone. The trade strategy can be VERY effective as long as people aren't breathing down your throat, and allow you to deliver the caravans.

In many of our games, it sometimes gets tough to deliver a caravan...
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

I think on 1x1x deity the GL is the most powerfull Wonder. On 2x it's not so imortant I'd agree.
              "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Thats enough out of you Deity, you're unbalanced.
                The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

i figured out why Deity is unbalanced, hes' missing a ball
                  Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                    i figured out why Deity is unbalanced, hes' missing a ball
                    You should try having a border with the guy
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                    X