Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deity gets Satellite Internet > 400k/sec

That'll fix the parrots...

Well, until they discover the dish is a nice place to hang out and drop their business....

Haven't got it working yet. The kit just arrived...
    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

I hasten to add that this is highly relevant to Civ2 MP
    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Green with envy - looks vainly for a suitable smiley...

SG[1]
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Wow, have they got the speed up to 400k/sec now......last time I looked (quite a long time ago admittedly) at the satellite stuff it was rubbish........something to do with really high latency despite the bandwidth.

Comment

Is this one way, where you only get the broadband on downloads but your uploads are still through phone lines? If so, when playing, parrots may still be a factor.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

parrots will always be a factor
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

i "pirate" my satelite tv, can't do it with the internet b/c they can track you.....

i remmeber the old days when i used to hack into a back door through of a company and steal their bandwidth no i pay for it though
              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                i remmeber the old days when i used to hack into a back door through of a company and steal their bandwidth
                This does not seem in keeping with our knowledge of your technical abilities.

Comment

Ones hardware, the other is software. We all know he has problems with the soft side.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                    Ones hardware, the other is software. We all know he has problems with the soft side.
                    I wasn't aware War shared such intimate details of his personal life with you.

Comment

laugh it up lads, i don't share all the info, yes software has given me probs in the past, but MY hardware works just fine

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                        Is this one way, where you only get the broadband on downloads but your uploads are still through phone lines? If so, when playing, parrots may still be a factor.
                        Yes, one=way using Sat for d/l and seconf phone line for u/l. Latency is an issue with Sats but not a big deal unless playing realtime games. I live in the bush and will never get cable and I'm too far from thje exchange to get ASDL. I di get the odd parrot though.... Life has its compensations

Plan: Business Sat Up to 400kbps $A60.50 per month for 1GB 26.4 cents per MB (Aust dollar = 56c; 35p)

Damn cheaper than I thought it would be and my employer is paying for it!

I'll consider two-way Sat further down the track - it's cheaper than I thought too.
                        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Yeah as I thought no good for FPSers, but after what you are used to it will kick ass.

Comment

@ Spike

Comment

Sinec there's a big parrot is sitting at his keyboard I don't see what difference satellite will make.
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                              X