I Found My Civ II poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Found My Civ II poster

On buying Civ II and looking at the enclosed advance chart, I recognized it immediately as something pretty cool to have as reference, maybe even as a keepsake.
    So, with the intent of putting into a poster frame, or having laminated somehow, I put it away; and promptly lost it.

Years later, following numerous packings and unpackings, I found it this morning!
    Still looks brand new. Why wouldn't it?

You won't care much I suppose, but I was happy.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

/me lost both of his civ2 posters
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Oh man, Wiz. I am SO sorry. Maybe they will resurface.
      Apparently Civ posters are like socks.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

i'm fairly sure i remember where one is, but given my memory it's better to assume that it's lost
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Nice story Sloww.

Cold, the poster is available for download on the net, I have it on my harddrive at home.
          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

But , it's not the same as having the original.
            They have copies of the Mona Lisa on the internet, too.

Comment

I have two copies of the poster... but I wouldn't call them a mona lisa

If I ever get too drunk or spaced while playing, the civopedia (or whatever) that is part of the game can always answer my question, so the posters are really kinda of worthless.

But heck... go ahead and frame it... hang it with honor in your home... and get strange looks when your friends come over
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I don't have a poster.....and I don't remember ever having one. What version did you get it with?

Comment

You're a dork, now shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                    I have two copies of the poster... but I wouldn't call them a mona lisa

If I ever get too drunk or spaced while playing, the civopedia (or whatever) that is part of the game can always answer my question, so the posters are really kinda of worthless.

But heck... go ahead and frame it... hang it with honor in your home... and get strange looks when your friends come over
                    You know, you're a very bad man.

I got the poster with MGE.

And Sean, you're tacky

Comment

I guess they're not included in the budget releases, shame...

Apart from the original They also came with FW, CiC and Test of Time. Although the one in ToT differed in a bit appearance and layout to include the extra scenarios.
                      Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Re: I Found My Civ II poster

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        On buying Civ II and looking at the enclosed advance chart, I recognized it immediately as something pretty cool to have as reference, maybe even as a keepsake.
                        So, with the intent of putting into a poster frame, or having laminated somehow, I put it away; and promptly lost it.

Years later, following numerous packings and unpackings, I found it this morning!
                        Still looks brand new. Why wouldn't it?

You won't care much I suppose, but I was happy.
                        hi ,

good for you

so are you giving the second one away to a less lucky CIV II player -

have a nice day
                        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

i have two copies of the poster as well....i have the tot one as well....... if someone wants a copy let me know.....i dare not hang it on the wall.....
                          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                            i have two copies of the poster as well....i have the tot one as well....... if someone wants a copy let me know.....i dare not hang it on the wall.....
                            hi ,

great , so what has to be done to get it

have a nice day
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Send a registered check payable to War4ever for 1 million dollars, and I'm sure he will send it out to you using express mail
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X