Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for someone to play

Hey all,

I've been away from Civ II MP for a couple years now, but I'd like to get back into it.

I have a fairly variable schedule, so I really can't commit to a set time once a week or something like that, but I'd love to play a two or three player game (or two) that can be completed whenever the players have time (the fewer players, the easier it is...). That's not to say that I don't have time to play fairly often, just probably not for hours on end and not on a fixed schedule.

Anyway, I'll agree with just about any rules, except it should be a rather small map and no 2x movement.

I was pretty good at MP a couple years ago, but I'm sure I've grown a bit rusty.

If you want to start a game like this you can reach me at:

ICQ #13189688
    or
    AIM: Abnormal Hybrid

Thanks
    Dave
    Running Water of the Sioux

Check out the rah rules thread, and if you still have interest, check out the setting up ip thread and others. There are always games going on. We do have a lot of one night stands though.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Or look for players on www.zone.com

Comment

or check out the civ2 mp thread of active players....there is always a game to be found
        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. But I've done my homework so to speak.

I'm aware of the zone , and Rah, I've looked over your rules. They seem fine, but the fact is, that I would really like to play a game to the finish with a small number of people, without having to play for hours on end each session. My understanding of the IP thread is eveyone just gets together who can play that day, but I'd like to play a game to completion. And it seems like I'd have to play just about every day in order for the right combo of players to come up again to finish a game...

I'm on the Civ II MP list here and I've added almost eveyone to my ICQ/AIM, but I just thought I'd post this up so people interested in a game like this could contact me, instead of me going through eveyone. Just thought it'd save some time.

So anyway, If I wasn't clear, let me try it again.

Actually, War, your last post on the Fair Starting Positions thread summed up my position pretty well.

--can't commit to a certain time each week
          --some weeks I'm busier than others
          --would prefer a 1 vs. 1 game (duel as it's been called)
          --play it to completion whenever we both have time
          --usually can't play for hours on end (probably 2-3 hours most of the time)

Anyway, if any of you are interested in a game like this IM me. Even if you don't currently have time to start, just let me know you're interested.

Thanks.

Dave (Running Water)
          ICQ # 13189688
          AIM: Abnormal Hybrid

Comment

well running water, were in the same boat, and i know other players out there like ourselves.

your best bet is too play a couple of different games and alternate between the two or three.....

Deity Dude is good for later night games, not sure your exact time frame, hes a good guy, a bit slow but thats his connection and not just his brain

hunt around, feel free to add me to icq as well 30200920

currently DD and i have a game to finish, its just entering the middle ages tech wise, but we have a long way to go still

Comment

I've added you to my AIM list. If you're ever on we can play. Your schedule is much like mine on the weekdays even though I have plenty of time to play 7-8 hour sessions on the weekends
              There are three types of people in this world:

Those who can count and those who can't.

Comment

i haven't seen you online gonzo

Comment

Why no gaming this weekend Gonzo? I could have used a patsy to declare peace on...
                  Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

instead, weren't you declared on

Comment

Working...
                    X