Is Civ II MP dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hydey
    Mrwhereitsat could always play with the Aussies.

we promise not to mention sheep
    are you talking about eyes
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

no
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

GOOD!

And I'll try not to mention John Howard.

I haven't seen any threads where newbies are bashed -my one concern is that I would lose badly, and then again, and again... and although this is not too much of a problem (I'd get over it eventually ), I might be beaten so quickly I wouldn't now what I could have done differently. In other words, I feel that coming up against so many veterans with what must be millions of years experience by now, I will lose continuously and not learn anything. That's when it turn me off MP.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

And I'll try not to mention John Howard.
          Touche.

Comment

Its OK , we try not to mention John Howard in the hope he will go away.

Aussies are very gentle on newbies and very helpful as well.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

We should probably warn him about Deity though.

Comment

Why?
                Deity is a very nice guy who is most welcoming and helpfull when it comes to newbies.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Hehe I agree......wasn't trying to imply otherwise. I was just saying any new players should be made aware of Deity's 'spotless' reputation.

Comment

Impressed I stand by the community .
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

"Aussies are very gentle on newbies and very helpful as well."

Yes, they've even been known to use lubrication at times.

Comment

Did it feel better?
                        Last edited by atawa; November 27, 2002, 16:25.

Comment

@

atawa

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Well, play with the Aussies who can commit to a game, are reliable and available regularly - which rules out Hydey

The rest of us would be happy to give you a lesson in humility
                            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Right on about skill levels, as I have really picked up my game since starting to play over here...

The start is important (DUH) but how you crisis manage is the most important thing you can do. What you do when the Ferrets show up on your doorstep early in the game will tell you how your game goes.

More often then not, your ability to take an asskicking and smile will be an indicator of how much fun you have. I enjoy the game itself, which makes winning AND losing byproducts of the enjoyment. I don't necessarily LIKE to lose, but it doesn't bother me as much when I'm playing people who won't cry and complain when I manage to get a good lick on them.

I would suggest starting a couple of hotseat games by yourself to try and maximize your starts. I took this suggestion a while back and tried to perfect what I would do at the beginning of 2X production games.

If you are interested, add me to your ICQ and when I have time we could set up a duel.
                              Ditto. I've learned tons so far and I'm only on my 2nd game here. After YEARS of mastering SP to an incredible point I've discovered I still have much to learn when it comes to MP. Of course, war4ever, ming, and rah are great teachers. Even if war keeps getting his ass kicked and ming just sits there doing nothing

We've just finished our game for tonight after roughly 4-6 hours of play. It was pretty fun. FF beat the hell out of us though.

So no, civ2 MP isn't dead. It'll be left to just the diehards soon..so it's our job to convert others
                              There are three types of people in this world:

Those who can count and those who can't.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                                Hehe I agree......wasn't trying to imply otherwise. I was just saying any new players should be made aware of Deity's 'spotless' reputation.

my sig...
                                "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Working...
                                X