Who wants to play with Galvatron?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants to play with Galvatron?

Well as I've too much spare time I would like to start a "History-PBEM" I played this scen for hours and found it very entertaining. Think it would make an ideal PBEM-game. Here are the civs:

German Empire: Galvatron
    British Empire
    French Empire: MeckPomm
    Russian Empire
    Austrian Empire
    Italian Empire: Choke
    Ottoman Empire

Oh and the scen was made from: Sound Wave
    Thanks

Ok guys hope we will get this full
    Last edited by Galvatron; November 10, 2002, 15:04.
    Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

I'll take the Italians
    "Long live Iraq. Long live Jihad. Long live Palestine. God is great, God is great." - President Saddam Hussein

Comment

Russian or Frensh Empire for me, please

Comment

No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Why so glum Henrik?
          "Long live Iraq. Long live Jihad. Long live Palestine. God is great, God is great." - President Saddam Hussein

Comment

WoW didn't expect such a fast response. It's a very active community here

Ok, Italians for Choke and the Frenchies for good old Germanys MeckPomm.

Hendrik, my Swedish friend and fellow European, would you like to participate too or just look sad ?
            Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

Are you guys aware of how much of a disaster this scenario was for PBEM? (especially you choke, I thought we talked about this?)
              Unbelievable!

Comment

What was wrong with it? - Isn't it just a modifed version of AoW?
                'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Did you follow the civfanatics game? It had so many technical inaccuracies that I (Russia) was able to conquer all of Germany and half of AH in one turn, and then Rhodry (Britain) and I conquered all of France in the next turn. Then, after we finished off France, some German forces in Denmark reconquered Germany, the remainder of AH conquered all of Poland and Italy conquered nearly all of Russia! Then we just decided to end the game as the scenario was so obviously flawed that it was getting ridiculous. At least Exile had specific ways of preventing unrealistic results like this.

There are also other minor problems, like the game only being 50 turns so that you have people building Dreadnoughts and Early Tanks in the mid 40's.

On a separate note, some would call it a ripoff rather than a modified version, unless you're being sarcastic, I can't tell.

Btw here are some links, the thread was still a pretty interesting read, lotsa diplomacy:

Germany and half of AH
                  France
                  Academia's counterattack
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

I see what you mean.

I called it a modified version because IMO Soundwave didn't make enough changes for it to qualify as being a rip-off.
                    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Comment

Oh.
                      Unbelievable!

Comment

Btw here are maps of what happened to sum it up for you all:
                        Attached Files
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

Comment

Yeah, that confused, disfigured freak of a Europe just cries out "please kill me..."
                            Unbelievable!

Comment

It looks, umm, very fluid.
                              Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
                              X