Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Game Ever!

This was pathetic.

I got a slow start but not too bad. Had three cities when suddenly a barb horseman appeared next to Teotihaucan which was size one, supporting a settler and with a single warrior inside. Tried to kill the horseman with the warrior, it lost and I lost the city. I had moved the settler into my other city and rehomed it before I lost teotihaucan so still had the settler. That settler went on to form Texcoco. I had a settler from Tenochtitlan that found a wandering nomad south and slightly west of tenochtitlan. These two settlers built road to the river south west of tenochtitlan whereupon a city was built. Suddenly a chinese (with whom I signed a peace treaty approx. five turns previously) archer appeared and destroyed the new city with the settler inside it.

Then a horseman from Teotihaucan killed the Phalanx I had in Tenochtitlan and took my capital. Looks like Texcoco will fall to barbs shortly as well. I was making about 2gc turns a turn so couldn't buy defensive units.

All up I think this is the worst i've ever done. The year is 1850bc and I have 20,000 people.
    Attached Files
    Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

If it is any consolation, I have also had my capital captured by the barbarians, they have also destroyed another city and I lost a settler when they took Berlin. My plan to bribe London back is very long term as, without a capital or the knowledge to construct a new one, corruption is rife, and I am already down to 20 turns per tech.
    Luckily I haven't come across the Chinese yet!

Comment

But this adds so much strategy to the game, kind of like deity.

Comment

At least your cities look pretty in red
        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

We all get really upset when makeo gets a bad start
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
          X