Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the zerk/the dang/the deity/the dude - the real one:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the zerk/the dang/the deity/the dude - the real one:)

Sorry finbart!

A new game here..

I suck so bad - half the cities of everyone; got hemmed in by Dang and zerk early. Dang made peace, zerk attacked merciliessly...
    I hadn't fired a shot and then after killing many units he asks for peace
    thanks.....

I have 39 land squares in AD220. Unbelievable
    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

In other words the real reason Deity won't be able to play for long on Sunday night with his Australian friends is he played another diplo disaster game all day
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

he he

Well here I am on Aust Sunday night waiting for us Aussies to show up!
        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Ah I could have easily suffered the same fate as deity.

I started out quickly, finding a lucky non-charitot before I built my first city, only to have it killed by berz's famed mean horse.

Anyway I got thrown off my tech course to both monarchy and republic and fell behind in as a result. On the other hand I picked up Bronze, which allowed me to swarm the remaining map area with phalanx setter combos and get quite a few cities setup. I also picked up mysticism, which really helped in once I finally got to republic at the session's end, and beefed it up...got to #1 in raw civ power on the chart......but berz has his happiness wonders and tech lead......but DD is up there too and Deity isn't a non-factor so....we shall see if this can't be overcome.

Comment

The bottleneck border...

The squares I regard as DEITIAN.
            Attached Files
            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

As I already told Deity, I will be out of town this weekend and won't be able to play.

Sorry everyone.

Comment

suxor

Comment

so are we on for this saturday at 8:00pm EST ?

Comment

I'm OK
                    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Good. ^_^

Comment

Sorry for being rude DD, but I don't usuially get this drunk Afterall you're only 50 once

But all the same, it's better to discuss in-game rules issues because everyone is going to have slightly different interpretations.

We are all prepared to go to the save you recommend before Dang asked me to get him to declare war on you.

I really think this is OK, especially since you wouldn't make peace and just sink my boats.. after all, what is MP about? Even in a no-alliance game you must expect a degree of co-operation. Berz and Dang aren't killing caras of mine. So that is co-operation too.

Anyway, we're easy to go along with this rule.
                        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Deity, I have enjoyed our discussions and consider you an online friend. Having said that what you guys tried to pull in that game was nothing but unethical at best and a blatant cheat at worst.

What bothers me even more was the way it was done:

A) No one discussed the legality of it before hand - you just did it and hoped not to get caught.

B) When caught the two of you wouldn't respond to my questions hoping that I would just let it go.

C) When I finally made a point of it and refused to continue play until I got a response, you still wouldn't admit what you did. Things were said like "they're were no Deitian forces in the area." It reminded me of Clinton explaining how he didn't have sex with Monica Lewinsky.

D) EVen if we go back to the point before this happened what worries me now is this. I now feel that if I can't think of every possible eventuality ahead of time, you guys may try and pull something else without notice as opposed to discussing the legality of it first.

Even Berz, who had no idea what was going on at the time, specifically used what you guys did as an example of something illegal.

In a non-alliance game with no coordinated attacks allowed, it seems pretty coordinated for, player B to ask A for A to ask B to declare war on C so that B can avoid its senate problems and attack. (The same problem BTW that stopped C from taking out B the turn before.) You tell me that this action wasn't COORDINATED AND didn't involve an ATTACK and I'll call you a liar. We all know what it was.

This coming from the man who likes to play the game straight up and doesn't like computer gimmicks.

Comment

It would appear Deity will be at the shop buying spot remover again.
                            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Okay I'm quite willing to go back to the situation were were in, as long as I get the first shot at declaring war again since we both failed at least once.

For the record I've never played in a game where this was illegal. I've never played in a game with no alliances were that was illegal.

Ethically I don't see the problem with asking for that against a power that has shown hostility to both parties. It one thing to team up to eliminate another player, its quite another to take a limited defensive action against you, a meany who thinks they have the right to attack anyone's ships.

For the record DD, keep it up, and I'll hand this game right over to Berz....that colony will die no matter what, so keep it up and berz wins. That is all.

Comment

Working...
                              X